I want to connect dreamweaver 2019 to my coldfusion server but i've not the choise "RDS" in the dropdown list. I already uninstalled and re-installed dreamweaver i used the cleaning tool for uninistall it too, and i already tried to remove all the file and registry of dreamweaver but still no optio. I contacted the help desk but after 1 hour of try they didn't solve.... Does someone know what i should do for use it? Is there a way to "reinstall" rds plugin?
We tried to install dreamweaver on a different windows pc and the result is the same, on mac os it works correctly
In my DWCC 19.2 Build 11274, the option is there on Windows 10, US English version...
This could be a "localization" problem where they essentially forgot to add it to the language variant you're using.
If you haven't already, it may be worthwhile to try restore your preferences, but it could simply be that you're out of luck with that particular version until Adobe repairs the program. It might be best to contact Adobe Customer Care directly and see if it's a known issue.
Thank you for you reply,
i already tried to contact Adobe customer care, first try they spend 1 hour (controlling my pc) trying to solve the problem... after that they left my request open and now noone seems to care it 😞
tried to restore preferences too but nothing changed
I have an idea to try, this might not do anything, but if Adobe simply hid/forgot to activate the RDS option in your version of the program, it may work...
1. From your working machine/version open the site
2. Go to Site > Manage Sites > and click the site you're working with
3. Choose the Export icon (small folder with arrow) under the list
4. Save the .ste file to a location you'll remember
5. Transfer that .ste file to your other, non-working machine
6. In DW on the non-working machine, go to Site > Manage Sites and click the Import Site button
7. Browse to the .ste you transferred from the other machine and import it
See if that tricks DW into recognizing the RDS connection type for your site. It's a longshot, but who knows, it might do the trick.
Weird, I'm on Windows 10, latest version of Dreamweaver, en_GB language and I have the setting ...
It's not terribly surprising, there have been other bugs/omissions in the past that were language version dependent. With Adobe limiting the versions available through the CC Desktop app to just "current and one back" it makes working around these issues harder, if the problem has existed for more than one.
If you can work with an English version of the program, uninstall DW, change the language of the CC Desktop App to English _US or _GB in the Preferences, then reinstall DW. It's something that I know has worked for others. You can then change the language back in the CC Desktop App afterwards.
IT WORKS! Thank to all. Installing the english version the option appeared and i've been able to connect to my server