I have the same problem, i run my dreamweaver cc 2017 on windows 10 and it crashed (app has stopped working)
1. deleting the Dreamweaver folder in the "roaming" directory
2. do sfc /scannow
3. reset my preferences (ctrl+shift+windows key)
4. uninstall web companion - lavasoft from my control panel,
it doesn't work
I solved my problem after i do this steps :
1. uninstall all cc programs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
2. uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
3. cleaning installation http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
4. use adw cleaner to clean adware,,
5. restart my computer
6. reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud
7. reinstall adobe dreamweaver CC 2017 ---- and then dreamweaver can launch properly
These files are deleted by Adw cleaner from my computer :
[#] File deleted: C:\WINDOWS\SysNative\LavasoftTcpService64.dll
[-] File deleted: C:\WINDOWS\SysNative\LavasoftTcpServiceOff.ini
[-] File deleted: C:\WINDOWS\SysWoW64\lavasofttcpservice.dll
[-] File deleted: C:\WINDOWS\SysWoW64\LavasoftTcpServiceOff.ini
[-] File deleted: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\k5wi8z3g.default-1465383609254\searchplugins\yahoo-lavasoft.xml
[-] File deleted: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Local Storage\hxxp_www.azlyrics.com_0.localstorage
[-] File deleted: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Local Storage\hxxp_www.azlyrics.com_0.localstorage-journal
looks like the problem is because creative cloud crashed with other software (Web Companion - lavasoft) but simply uninstall it from our control panel didn't delete the dll files (such as LavasoftTcpService64.dll)
Apologize for the frustration, and sorry for the delayed response. Please send us your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch fo rinvestigation.
Copy link to clipboard
Yes. Lavasoft Ad-Ware is a known conflict with Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, After Effects and others.
Uninstalling Lavasoft Web Companion and all it's related DLL files fixes the problem.
If you cannot find the DLL files, turn on Hidden Items in your Windows File Explorer.
thanks for sharing