• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Dreamweaver CC "dynamically related files could not be resolved because of an internal server error."

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I can get a live preview of the index.php file.

But if I want to change a file in the child theme for example single-portfolio.php I get the "dynamically related files could not be resolved because of an internal server error." message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unclear what you're asking.  Please elaborate on your workflow and PHP set-up.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a wordpress site?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes a Wordpress site, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help you How to Set Up WordPress in Dreamweaver - YouTube

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, one of the many very helpful tutorials I found online, and everything works fine for the index file, but pretty much only that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this related discussion.

Dreamweaver CC "dynamically related files could not be resolved because of an internal server error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried this, had to change permalinks to default to get the index page to load correctly, but it hasn't helped with anything else.

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I don't understand the problem  Owing to how WordPress is built with nested includes, I'm not suproised you're seeing "Dynamically related files could not be resolved..."  I have  sites of my own that do the same thing.  But that doesn't prevent me from editing  theme files in code view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. However I was hoping I could use Dreamweaver to "Live" preview the site when I was editing the code. I don't need dreamweaver to edit the code I could do that in anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JazzyDanUK  wrote

Indeed. However I was hoping I could use Dreamweaver to "Live" preview the site when I was editing the code. I don't need dreamweaver to edit the code I could do that in anything.

No, you can't. Any normal website you ill be able to use any text editor to edit the HTML, CSS and JS, with a WP site you cannot. You need to use WP to change the content of the page.

Have a look at Re: Dreamweaver is not ablte to edit any wordpress .php files . Where it says Dreamweaver, you can read: any text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you're following, if you read the thread, I'm trying to edit the child theme, not the content of the site.

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see now, my apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem, thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines