• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Realtime Preview on dreamweaver not working in my browser

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to preview in the latest Dreamweaver I get this in my browser "You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device." How can I fix this?

thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Are you working from a Defined Site in DW?

RTP doesn't like it if you're just working on random pages on your desktop, you'll need to define a site so DW understands what it's doing. Even if you don't put in FTP info, it still wants to know where your files are in relation to each other and won't get that info from your OS.

Personally, I just turn it back into the old Preview in Browser in the Preferences...

Edit > Preferences > Real Time Preview > check the box at the top for Default to static br

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the InDesign forum. Moving to Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working from a Defined Site in DW?

RTP doesn't like it if you're just working on random pages on your desktop, you'll need to define a site so DW understands what it's doing. Even if you don't put in FTP info, it still wants to know where your files are in relation to each other and won't get that info from your OS.

Personally, I just turn it back into the old Preview in Browser in the Preferences...

Edit > Preferences > Real Time Preview > check the box at the top for Default to static browser preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon,

you just made my day! it worked like a charm

All the best,

Claude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines