• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red arrow won't upload files

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems Dreamweaver always grants me a random end of the year problem for me to resolve. This year, I'm seeing a red arrow when uploading files within Dreamweaver. These files won't upload. I've spent 2 hours with Adobe Tech Support to no avail. Does anybody have a solution to this ever increasing frustrating problem? Thanks.

Steps taken to resolve issue (with no resolution):

Cleared cache

Tranferred files from FileZilla (worked, but doesn't solve my problem w/ DW)

Altered site root settings

Checked DW Accessibility settings (set to allow DW)

Etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what red arrows you are talking about.

Could you post a screenshot of your interface that shows them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red arrow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the FTP log show if you try to upload that one file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't show anything from 2019, just 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to upload another file, same problem. It won't upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the FTP log doesn't mention why it's not uploading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FTP.png

This is what I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FTP2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll need to check back with you tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same Not Transferred" usually means your FTP permissions are goofed up at the server level.

(It happens a lot with certain shared hosting services)

1. Create a new document called "Test.html" and upload it to your server.
2. Change some text in the file and try uploading again.
3. If you get the "Same not transferred" error, you're likely missing your Overwrite permission
4. Delete the Test.html file from the server (if this works, your Delete permission is intact)

If uploading a new file works, and deleting works, but overwriting doesn't, you'll need to talk to your hosting company and have them repair your permissions.

In the mean time, if step 1 and 4 above worked, you "could" delete the file that you're trying to update from the server first, then upload and it "should" work without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

...you "could" delete the file that you're trying to update from the server first, then upload and it "should" work without issue.

That's the first thing I would try.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the file didn't work. I contacted the hosting company and they said this issue has nothing to do with permissions. All permissions were fine on both ends. What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your site definition settings are corrupted.

Create a new site definition (Site > New Site)

Fill in all details and click the TEST button.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried creating a new site and testing it. The original site and the new site test just fine. But, I'm still getting the red arrow on both my sites and DW seems to be picking and choosing what it wants to upload now. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd + Option + Shift didn't pull the Preferences dialog box. This process didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to complete the 4 steps I mentioned before trying to delete and re-upload?

Something else to try, if the document itself is corrupt, would be to copy the code from it and paste it into a new blank document. Delete the old file and save the new one with the same file name, then try uploading it again.

You can try restoring preferences manually. Follow the instructions here, swapping out your version of DW for the versions they mention...

Restore preferences in Dreamweaver CS4, CS5, and CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete and reload didn't work. These files aren't corrupt anyway. I have 2 different files in 2 different locations and neither work. Restoring preferences manually didn't work also, because the "Library" folder in /Users/[User Name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe doesn't exist in that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I was asking if you were able to create a totally new file upload it, then make a change to it and re-upload. If that works without an error, there would have to be something wrong with the individual files that keeps your server from allowing them to be uploaded.

As to your restore prefs issue, DW has 2 separate configuration folders. One is hidden by default on both Mac and Windows. If you don't turn on your Hidden Files at the OS level, as mentioned in the link I gave, you won't see the correct folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW and OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Initially, I didn't see the blurb at the top allowing for access to the hidden files. Now that I have, I have 2 folders in question. I have a folder entitled, "CS6 Service Manager" with a preference folder and I have a DW CC 2018 folder with a cloudpref folder. Which of these do I edit? Also, I was unclear as to the format. Am I supposed to title the folder, "Old Dreamweaver CS5.5?

I'm using DW CS6 12.0 and MacOS 10.14.2.

I also created a new file and I'm not sure why, but now my file will load, but only if I upload its dependent files. So strange! I don't want this. I want to be able to upload without loading the dependent files every time.

Thanks for your help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines