• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

refused to connect

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 2021.   I have several url addresses in my index html file. When I preview, regardless of the browser, when I click on those addresses, I get the address followed by "refused to connect."  If I opened the index.html by itself it all works. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to this new version of dreamweaver. 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Without seeing your page, I'm guessing it might have something to do with Real Time Preview.

The latest versions of DW use an Adobe server to preview pages by default. The idea is to allow you to work in DW, making changes, and have them appear in real time in the browser. It rarely ever worked for me, so I turn it off, prefering to use the old Preview in Browser function that just opens the local file, bypassing their server.

To do that, go to Edit > Preferences > Real Time Preview > check the bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try rebuilding the site cache?  Site --> Advanced --> Recreate Site Cache 

If that doesn't work I would delete the user config folder and filecache file from this KB article: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! You made my day! Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your page, I'm guessing it might have something to do with Real Time Preview.

The latest versions of DW use an Adobe server to preview pages by default. The idea is to allow you to work in DW, making changes, and have them appear in real time in the browser. It rarely ever worked for me, so I turn it off, prefering to use the old Preview in Browser function that just opens the local file, bypassing their server.

To do that, go to Edit > Preferences > Real Time Preview > check the box for "Default to static browser preview" and try it again.

If it works there, and works on your site, you're fine. It would just be a case of Adobe's servers not allowing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much. Your answer was correct. Your assistance was greatly appreciated.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WeavingMyDreams,

Are you using Dreamweaver's Real-Time Preview which runs through Adobe's servers?  I ask because RTP is more of a virtual browser experience and not always reliable.  For that reason I disabled RTP from my Preferences.

Upload your page to a remote server and post the URL here so we can take a look at it.

Or right click on your open document tab and select Open in Browser which bypasses RTP.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines