Exit

Save and Live View Issues

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things.

1) I get a JavaScript error everytime I try to save.dreamweaver_save_issue.JPG

2) Live View no longer works.  It will show as an option but will not switch over from design view.  There is also a DUMMY button on the right side of the screen.  When you hover over it it says "Switch to Live View" and will not change when clicked.  

live_view_issue.JPG

I have been a paying customer of this product for years and have recently found that every year as updates come out the product continues to fail.  There is no reason for these issues to continue as consecutive as they have been.  You owe it to all subscribers to be better, do better and provide a service that is better.

What are the fixes to these issues?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html#:~:... and read the chapter on Delete FileCache.dat files from the Dreamweaver user configuration folder.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

Thanks for the assist.  Deleting the file gave me live back and I have not seen the save error yet.  

The only other question I have is why can't i select a custom css file in the CSS Designer while I am editing the file under Source Code.  I have to selected the linked css file then it will allow me to edit the css in CSS Designer?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CESweb,

Is your local site folder defined in DW?

Does your site folder reside on the primary hard drive and not a cloud or network drive?

Are you able to save files to same location from other apps?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Yes local site folder is defined in DW.

Yes site folder is on primary hard drive.

Yes i am able to save to the same folder and on other apps.  This is the only application I have problems with over the past 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like a corrupted installation. If you continue to have problems, do the following:

1. Use Adobe's Cleaner tools to wipe old files off your system. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

2. Restart computer. 

3. Download and install the latest versions of Creative Cloud desktop app followed by Dreamweaver, etc...

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines