• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial number is in use

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In year 2011 I followed a course in web design and then also bought CS 5 Design WEB . now I want to activate program on another laptop and get serial number is in use.how can I fix this ?I also had another e-mail address back then.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Adobe no longer sells, supports or updates CS6. 

Someone is attempting to steal your money, your private information, or both using the private messaging system of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

This is what I get from employee adobe

New license of CS 6 will cost you $299.99 including lifetime warranty.

=========

@Manoj K K,

That's NOT a genuine Adobe Employee!!!   DO NOT respond to it. 

There is no such thing as a lifetime warranty. 

Real Adobe employees cannot sell CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the serial number should be behind the CD rom cover box.

then, I'm not sure that a CS5 can be activated online anymore, I think that the server that handle that process is down now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting an "activation limit reached" error, you will need to deactivate the program on your old machine first. If you no longer have access to the old machine, you may be able to contact Adobe Customer Care and request and Activation Reset, if CS5 activation servers are still running.

If you're getting a "license revoked" error, it would mean that you purchased an illegally sold volume license from one of the many companies who were taking advantage of Adobe's somewhat lax policies in the past regarding licensing. The only fix for that error is to purchase the Creative Cloud version.

Adobe no longer sells or supports Creative Suite software in any country. If you get an email, or private message through this forum, offering to sell you a CS version, don't fall for it, it's a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jon said, deactivate CS5 from your other computer by going to DW's Help Menu.

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite will never run on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.  Only the latest Creative Cloud products are compatible with newer Macs.

NOTE 3: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your  answer.

this is what ik get from employee adobe

DVD version is no longer supported with Digital Download and Windows 10 64 Bit.
CS 5 server has been shut down.

Perpetual License registration under Adobe account is no longer available.
New license of CS 6 will cost you but you will be getting the discount because you already having our older version of the software.

Dreamweaver CS 6 will be after all the discounts US$299.99 including lifetime warranty.

i am not please with the answer so i stopt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer sells, supports or updates CS6. 

Someone is attempting to steal your money, your private information, or both using the private messaging system of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case people are wondering why I marked this as the correct answer, I feel that it should be highlighted to stop others from falling into the trap.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There definitely has been a renewed push by scammers here lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get from employee adobe

New license of CS 6 will cost you $299.99 including lifetime warranty.

=========

@Manoj K K,

That's NOT a genuine Adobe Employee!!!   DO NOT respond to it. 

There is no such thing as a lifetime warranty. 

Real Adobe employees cannot sell CS6.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for warning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines