• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several user for Dreaweaver licence

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I started a trial to use Dreamweaver and so far I am considering of keeping it. But I would like to know if my colleague can use it as well coz we are 2 developpers in the company (and probably more to come) so we need to have the licence for more then one computer. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can only use an individual copy of Dreamweaver on a single computer at any one time:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Your individual license lets you install your Adobe app on more than one computer, sign in (activate) on two, but use it on only one computer at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you plan to have many more users in the future, you might want to discuss volume licensing with an Adobe rep.

Individual plans are a nuisance to transfer if someone quits, especially if they leave angry and change the UN/PW on their way out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a TEAMS plan.  One seat per user, managed by your IT department's Admin. 

Seats can be re-assigned to new employees from an Admin Console plus many other perks not available to Individual plan members.

Adobe Teams Business Solutions - https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

Call 800-915-9428 or request a consultation

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a TEAMS plan.  One seat per user, managed by your IT department's Admin. 

Seats can be re-assigned to new employees from an Admin Console plus many other perks not available to Individual plan members.

Adobe Teams Business Solutions - https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

Call 800-915-9428 or request a consultation

By @Nancy OShea

Given the state of Dreamweaver currently and Adobes lack of clarity, 'minimum maintenance policy' I'd highly advise against such suggestions. Go find an editor which is still being actively developed, don't waste money on somethng which is going backwards, at minimum treading water and could be shelved at any moment. Just a thought for a balanced view of the situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't throw baby out with the bathwater just yet.  Most businesses — even small ones — use more than just one software.  A Teams plan to full Creative Cloud gives all seated users access to about 21+ desktop/mobile apps like DW, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Adobe Sign, After Effects, plus a whole lot more....  It's definitely a good value for design agencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't throw baby out with the bathwater just yet.  Most businesses — even small ones — use more than just one software.  A Teams plan to full Creative Cloud gives all seated users access to about 21+ desktop/mobile apps like DW, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Adobe Sign, After Effects, plus a whole lot more....  It's definitely a good value for design agencies.

By @Nancy OShea

Thats ok if the team is intending to use other Adobe products as I view Dreamweaver as more of a freebie thrown into the mix these days. However if they dont intend to use other Adobe products its not such a good deal and certainly if their prime market is web-development perhaps they should not be using Dreamweaver at all. Its reputation, as being a serious bit of software in that area, has declined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANY web developer who relies on a single web authoring tool for everything should have their head examined.  You can't hammer nails with a saw.  I keep a toolbox of apps & utilities alongside Dreamweaver.  Different tools for different tasks.  Despite DW's shortcomings though, it manages site files better than other coding tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ANY web developer who relies on a single web authoring tool for everything should have their head examined.  

By @Nancy OShea

I agree, so long as they are being actively developed. The minute development stops I move on because this industry moves fast, you dont want to be using tools which don't cut it.

@Nancy OShea wrote:

Despite DW's shortcomings though, it manages site files better than other coding tools.

Thats not necessarily true.......any jet brains product is equally as good, if not better, others less so when it comes to file management.

Dare I say jet brains products are significantly cheaper too, over time, as they reward loyalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines