• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SFTP: Login or password error

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use SFTP to connect to Amazon S3 bucket, but keep getting login or password error

Using

• Dreamweaver 21.2 on Windows 10
  • openssh private key file
  • no passphrase

SFTP connection works without problem on Filezilla and SmartFTO.  Also works on WinSCP after converting openssh private key file to PuTTY private key

Tried to look at the ftp log - it is empty

I think this should work - Please help!  Is there another way to debug the problem?

defaultrd4wqmnr8y8f_0-1635722952790.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Seems crazy, but I solved my problem by converting my valid openssh file to a ppk file and them back again to an openssh file using Puttygen.  Presumably different flavors of openssh files?

Many thanks to Ben who indirectly put me on the right path by saying "converted to openSSH" in is post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reference I could find on the topic was this because as you state, DW is not generating a specific error with the keys and it is misleading: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs/suggestions/37335370-can-t-sf... .

But as your key is not a ppk and is already converted to openSSH. You can try upvoting that bug and see what happens, but I'm not sure there is a resolution for this open bug at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems crazy, but I solved my problem by converting my valid openssh file to a ppk file and them back again to an openssh file using Puttygen.  Presumably different flavors of openssh files?

Many thanks to Ben who indirectly put me on the right path by saying "converted to openSSH" in is post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines