• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since I have used Dreamweaver 2019

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My site has a mind of it own.  I would fix the site and save and upload the file and look at the page and see the changes.  I come back to the page and the page is back to the old way.  I would have to delete all the files that I upload and clear my cookies and upload the files again.  Then it is still hit and miss on the changes.

I have two monitors and with the same setting and the site shows up different on each one of them.

This is my capstone project and I am not sure what to do since it does not seem stay the same all the time.  I only have one year into the site and there is about 19 more to add.

ndsu.edu/wrri/NDWRRI 2019

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

That just implies to me that the screens, maybe the resolution is slightly different. Move on and don't worry - no one else is seeing exactly what you are seeing, everyones screen is set up slightly differently.

If the layout was radically different that would be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to say BUT if you upload a file to your remote server, which has been changed  locally, and it looks correct when viewed in a browser, its not really possible for the file to change back to how it was previously, before the changes.

The biggest confusion usually happens when a  browser caches the page/s (stores it/them in its memory). It could possibly be that your browser IS caching your files, which WILL result in showing you the state of the file before it was changed, even after you have uploaded the newly changed file.  It could get even more confusing if you are using a 2 monitor set up because the browser on each monitor may have a different cached version, adding confusion on top of confusion.

Browser caching is a massive issue, even for the seasoned developer who can often get caught out by it.

If problems like this happen, a problematically sticky browser cache I would empty the browser cache and see if that has the desired effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have empty the browser cache and that does not help.  It is the same broswer that I am just moving to the other monitor so it is the same settings.  Attached is the pictures so you can see the difference.

screenshot of the siteindex page.jpg20191218_052231.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't spot the difference, both layouts look identical to me????

Edited:

If you are refering to the bottom layout looks slighty wider than the top layout are the screens identical and set up identically, other than that as I said I cant see any really differences in the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the white spaces.  One side the page is lot smaller than the other.  The one with less white space you can see everything is bigger and that is what I want is the bottom.  You can see the different just looking at the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just implies to me that the screens, maybe the resolution is slightly different. Move on and don't worry - no one else is seeing exactly what you are seeing, everyones screen is set up slightly differently.

If the layout was radically different that would be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Web pages must be flexible to fit whatever devices & browser settings people have at their end.  You shouldn't be too concerned with that as it varies a lot.  What matters is the content is readable and accessible.   What you have looks fine to me.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines