• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow typing performance

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, any reason for the slow typing performance? Im typing our code here and there is about a one second delay - quite frankly - it puts me off the whole user experiences. I have tried no troubleshooting becuase my company pays just over £300 a year for this service so we should not have to spend our valable time experimenting with potential fixes. 

Our version is 20.2 and build 15263.

Anyone else had this issue, and is so how was this resolved? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently a lot of posts in the forum refering to DW being slow.

I no longer use DW but keep an eye on what goes on in the forum, perhaps whilst you are waiting for someone else to respond the information at the link below may be similar to your experience:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/adobe-dreamweaver-cc-is-super-slow/td-p/11226664?page=1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a known issue. 

1. Submit a bug report from your Help menu.
  2. Revert to a previous version of DW.  Version 20.1 is stable on my Win10 workstation.
  3. Turn off automatic app updates from your Creative Cloud desktop app.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be specific, but I can't.

Sometimes when I type, it lags (a simple text editor doesn't do that,why DW?)

Sometimes, I switch tab, it lags.

Sometimes, I upload a single file, and the whole screen goes dark for some seconds.

I don't understand why DW a product of many decades are having these issues which a simple text editor doesn't have.

I do understand that DW has complex features that might cause this.

At least, give us an option to turn those off.

I have googled and tried some settings. But the lags at various actions just doesn't stop.

Have contacted chat support, tried the delete-reg thing. Also tried delete wincache.

Things are only smooth for a while.
In fact, I made it a habit to do the above 2 at start of day, but the lag keeps happening eventually, as described above.

I have learned to live with it for months, even though each time it lags, it's irritating like hell! But, it can't be that I'm paying recurringly for such a nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explore the posts with the same subject in this forum. One search gave me https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-is-unbelievably-laggy-and-slow/td-p/10527892?...

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the post page, which I have come across many times. It's one of those things which I mean by "I have googled and tried some settings. ".

To further ad-on, just a simple Ctrl-F and sometimes the search toobar takes abt 3-5 secs before showing itself. If I happen to type the search keyword a bit too fast, I end up typing into my code!
Yet another issue, if I ctr-tab to another app, then ctr-tab back, it just doesn't come back to DW sometimes. As if DW is busy thinking abt life.

Pardon my sarcasm, but when one is using on a daily basis, and being subjected to these for months, I just ends up having to let go sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to this old post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-cc-slow-typing-performance-awfully-slow/td-p/...

All these was 2013. Now is Sep 2020. It is as if I'm facing all these problems NOW!

And I'm having the latest DW version.
Even the simple Ctrl-F bar takes 3-5 secs to appear! And it's just ONE of the problems. I rather be working than be sitting here typing all these, but no choice, every time I go back and try, I see the lags again. I'm just taking a stress break by letting it out here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a known issue. 

1. Submit a bug report from your Help menu.
  2. Revert to a previous version of DW.  Version 20.1 is stable on my Win10 workstation.
  3. Turn off automatic app updates from your Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why no agents? Always not available.

This is a recurring paid product and why should an agent be not available over 2 days!

Simpler one-time paid products have better support even if email, they reply almost immediately.

Here we have something we pay every month. No proper chat support. No email support at all!
Everything pushing us to forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user2user forum. No use crying foul here. However, we will always try to help you if you have a problem.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to know: u mean NO ONE useful from adobe is gonna come by this forum?

If they do, then this is a feedback.

As for user2user, don't you feel the same as me?

As for problems, it's just too much lags, depsite many fix attempts.

This is a copy-paste, do see if you can help me.

======================= 

I want to be specific, but I can't.

Sometimes when I type, it lags (a simple text editor doesn't do that,why DW?)

Sometimes, I switch tab, it lags.

Sometimes, I upload a single file, and the whole screen goes dark for some seconds.

I don't understand why DW a product of many decades are having these issues which a simple text editor doesn't have.

I do understand that DW has complex features that might cause this.

At least, give us an option to turn those off.

I have googled and tried some settings. But the lags at various actions just doesn't stop.

Have contacted chat support, tried the delete-reg thing. Also tried delete wincache.

Things are only smooth for a while.
In fact, I made it a habit to do the above 2 at start of day, but the lag keeps happening eventually, as described above.

I have learned to live with it for months, even though each time it lags, it's irritating like hell! But, it can't be that I'm paying recurringly for such a nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to duplicate post the same thing over and over. I have merged your conversations into one discussion.

Adobe engineers rarely come to these user-to-user forums.  Please submit bug reports from your help menu where they are logged and prioritized.

Online chat in English works for me 24/7.  However, customer Care agents cannot help you with a known bug for which there is no fix yet.   Please revert back to a previous product version from your CC desktop app.   When a fix is released, Adobe will announce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines