• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slowness on Mac [Branched from Dreamweaver CC is super slow]

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how this thread is "solved" when it is only being addressed for PC users. I've seen a few Mac users post questions on how to to fix this problem, and they've been ignored the entire time. What is your solution for those of us who are on a Mac?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched this to a new topic for you because the other one to which you posted is NOT relevant to your situation.

Please answer the following questions:

• Which macOS version # are you're using?
  • Is energy saving Sleep Mode disabled in your OS settings?
  • Which version of DW CC?
  • If this is the October upgrade 21.0, did you restart your computer after installing?
  • Are you in  Design view or Live view?  Design view is typically quicker for editing.  Live view is slower but more accurate at rendering advanced CSS.
    Document ToolbarDocument Toolbar
  • Is your site defined and does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive, not a networked or cloud drive?
  • Does slowness occur with ALL sites and ALL files or just certain ones?
  • Are you working with valid, error-free code  -- Window > Results > Validation > check document?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

As you mentioned that you are facing the issue on Mac can you please share below information with us:

Do you see a huge entry list in Temp file List at below location 

1. Go to ~/Library/Preferences
  2. select Adobe Dreamweaver 2021Prefs and open the file
  3. Search for Temp file List and see how many entries are there

Can you please spare some time to have a connect session with us so that we can investigate the issue on your machine as we are not able to reproduce the issue on Mac at our end.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out the slowness was due to a bad vpn network I was working off of. After moving to a different server, the slowness has disappeared. Thanks for the response @Kratika Agarwal and @Nancy OShea

@Nancy OShea : Here are answers to your questions in case you were wondering.

• Which macOS version # are you're using? Catalina
  • Is energy saving Sleep Mode disabled in your OS settings? No
  • Which version of DW CC? Version 21
  • If this is the October upgrade 21.0, did you restart your computer after installing? Yes
  • Are you in  Design view or Live view?  Design view is typically quicker for editing.  Live view is slower but more accurate at rendering advanced CSS. No - I always work in Code & Design split view, never in Live.
  • Is your site defined and does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive, not a networked or cloud drive? The files I work with are simple HTML email files. It has nothing to do with an actual working website.
  • Does slowness occur with ALL sites and ALL files or just certain ones? Yes, but as I confirmed it was due to a bad vpn network.
  • Are you working with valid, error-free code  -- Window > Results > Validation > check document? Yes

@Kratika Agarwal : I'll make note of your instructions and try that in the future if the lag returns. 

Again, thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines