Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some issues with old muse website

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

about 7 years ago I designed a Website with Adobe Muse. The owner contacts me now and then for a few simple changes, which I usually did with the Inbrowser-Editor from Muse. Since Adobe has cancelled it, I tried to solve everything with Dreamweaver (with as well as no coding skills). Last thing the owner wanted me to add was an event calender. I solved this with an iframe: https://www.schwarzwaldverein-oehningen.de/index.html#news

Now the problems:

1. Since i embedded the iframe, the green bars on the left and right side of the page moved downwards, before that they were "connected" to the slide show at the top of the page. I think this happenend because the page is longer now but bars have a fixed length.

2. At the bottom of the page you see the arrow with "Impressum & Datenschutz", this was located in the white area above the horizontal green bar, now it moved down to the green bar. This is bad because the font color is also green so it's hardly legibly.

Is there any possibility to solve these problems without coding skills?

Thanks in advance 

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

well you said that you haven't knowledge in code editing...

so let's give a try... and we will see how to better help you somehow...

concerning the large amount of white that you have on the page bottom and the fact that the green phrase is wrote over the limit, it has two causes...

first one in the CSS index.xss file you have this

#u3498 {
  z-index: 333;
  width: 676px;
  min-height: 708px;
  border-width: 0px;
  border-color: transparent;
  background-color: transparent;
  margin-left: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

I think i solved it by myself. Found the right id's and changed the margin-top of each bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you said that you haven't knowledge in code editing...

so let's give a try... and we will see how to better help you somehow...

concerning the large amount of white that you have on the page bottom and the fact that the green phrase is wrote over the limit, it has two causes...

first one in the CSS index.xss file you have this

#u3498 {
  z-index: 333;
  width: 676px;
  min-height: 708px;
  border-width: 0px;
  border-color: transparent;
  background-color: transparent;
  margin-left: 345px;
  margin-top: 65px;
  position: relative;
}

and the min-height: 708px; declaration cuase the white to be big... search in your entire site if you find u3498... if you find it just in this present page, remove the declaration from the CSS... only the min-height: 708px;

then still in the same index.css file you'll fin this rules

.verticalspacer {
  min-height: 184px;
}

the value should be minimum at 240px...

well it's not correction in the rules of the art, I didn't really take the time to dig deeper and it can induce other artifacts... but it is at a minimum of intervention... let's try it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help Lena, it worked and problem 2 is solved. I removed the min-height: 708px; and changed the verticalspacer value to 240.

Any idea how to solve problem 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i solved it by myself. Found the right id's and changed the margin-top of each bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that it helped you and that you found by yourself the oter solution.

Great !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Uhlmann Sonnenschirme,

You skated by thin ice this time.  But what about next time and all the times after...?

If you want to keep doing websites for people, you must learn good coding skills. I can't emphasize this enough.  Muse websites are unstable.  They are already failing on some web devices / browsers.  You must rebuild your Muse sites.  

Learn to work with code so you're not at the mercy of 3rd party tools, templates & widgets.  A couple weekends of your time will more than pay for itself in the long run.

Start here:
Read chapters, do code exercises, take quizzes at the end.
- https://www.w3schools.com/html/
- https://www.w3schools.com/css/
- https://www.w3schools.com/js/

- https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines