Since you all helped me so much I'm back.
Every time I open DW I notice it has reformatted my text. I know my style is not what Adobe wants, but it is what I am comfortable with. You all helped me update from DW 2015, which did not mess with my formatting like 2021 does. Is there a way to make it stop?
Again, thank you for helping me update from 2015. So simple once you know how.
What do you mean it has reformatted your text? Can you post a screenshot and give us insights into your code? At its core DW is just a text editor to edit HTML so there is nothing that should be reformatting your pages unless there is an error in your code or something is causing an error in your system/config.
This web forum doesn't support email attachments. So nobody can see your images.
To stop DW from helping you write code...
1.Go to Edit > Preferences
2. Click Code Format
3. Set your prefered Indent and Tab size
4. Click Code Hints
5. Set Close Tags to Never and uncheck both Auto Completion boxes
6. Click Code Rewriting
7. Uncheck "Fix invalidly nested and unclosed tags" (note: this will allow you to write some seriously inalid code without much warning)
8. Hit Apply
9. Go to Tools > Tag Libraries
10. Set the Line Breaks and Contents you would like to use for each tag
11. Hit OK (this will allow DW to Apply Source Formatting in a manner you prefer, when you use the command)
Thank you. Copied your message to Notepad 'cause I know I'll forget. Thanks.
Thank you everyone. Thank you Jon. I'm back to my old clumsy style.