• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly I have two home pages

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, self taught Dreamweaver user so be kind. Recently had to reinstall DW and since then my ftp connection has caused problems. I have used this for years without issues, but now it seems I have two versions of my home page. If I go to my site as xxx.com I get one version and then type xxx.com/index.php I get another. Making changes in DW sometimes go through and others not. Tried using Filezilla to up load my local file and I don't see the changes. I've looked at this every way I know. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your server must have only ONE index file on the root server.  index.html is probably the default domain name landing page. For more details, contact your hosting provider.   They will probably tell  you to delete all but one index page from your hosting server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look through the directory there is only one index.php file. I'm wondering if I have an ftp issue. I contacted my hosting provider and they said I needed to trouble shoot the problem myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who is your web hosting provider?

What's the URL to your website?

Are you uploading files to your server's Root Directory?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines