• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Dreamweaver Settings To New Computer Old MacOS-to-MacOS

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some guidance please - I have a new Mac and I want to transfer all of my settings in Dreamweaver from my old computer to my new computer - is there an easy way to do this? This would include all my prefrences, FTP settings etc. and anything else that I may not be thinking of. 

Thanks in advance for the guidance and help. 

GM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export the sites files, you can move the FTP definitions and sites from one computer to another. You will still need to move the HTML/CSS files from one computer to the other. As for other preferences those are in your user library --> application support --> Dreamweaver {version} and you can move those files from one computer to the other as well. Just be aware if you are getting a new Mac with Sonoma there is currently a bug that causes DW to crash whenever you right click and is unfixed at this point in time, so DW may be unusable at present because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details - and the Sonoma is going to be a problem now. 

Apreccaite ti. 

GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote Sonoma is going to be a problem now. 
By @gregm78622296

========

Yes.  Sonoma is a problem  Do not use right-click in Dreamweaver.

No word yet on a fix.

Dreamweaver Preferences for importing synced settings from Creative Cloud.  See screenshot.

image.png

Keep in mind that Dreamweaver is in minimal maintenance status which means no new features are planned.  Use it alongside other coding tools that are in active development.

================
CODE EDITORS:
-- Codespaces (free, browser-based) - https://github.com/features/codespaces
-- Nova (Mac only, formerly called Coda) - https://nova.app/
-- Pinegrow - https://pinegrow.com/
-- Sublime Text - http://www.sublimetext.com/
-- Visual Studio Code (free) - https://code.visualstudio.com/

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy - thank you so much for taking the time to post that screen shot very helpful. I was unware that Dreamweaver is not being supported in any major way by Adobe. This is a real bummer for me - DW makes it easy for me to do what I need to for my sites. Thanks for the list of Code editors. So if I am to interpt this information correctley - DW is just going to be a nice place to look at your site with WSIWYG functions, but do coding in another app and confirm it looks right and functions right in DW? I does not look like there is any other product on the market that does what DW does, unless I have not seen it at this time. Thanks -GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this product. I have started a video tutorial that you may like to follow.

Boutique - Part 1 - YouTube

and

Boutique - Part 2 - YouTube

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at Pinegrow or VS Code with free Live Preview extension.

Wappler is a visual web app builder.

Happy Holidays!
❄   ☃   ❄

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines