• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Dreamweaver, please!

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update Dreamweaver, I know alot of people have moved away from it, but I still love it, and wish bugs and other issues were worked on.

Common Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is basically a dead program walking.

Adobe decided some time ago, that DW will no longer receive new features or bug fixes, only current OS compatibility updates (those listed on the min reqs page), potential security patches, and third party library updates.

They haven't EOL'd it, but they're not actively developing it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did't know that, bad decision. Dreamweaver is the best editor for me I use DW for PHP,CSS,HTML and JS every day, It's a just simple editor and native FTP connection help a lot to working online, also Dreamweaver has the best color scheme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here at the studio, and in addition to the long list provided by @Nancy OShea , we use VSC (https://code.visualstudio.com/download).

Of course, SFTP is required https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/search?term=sftp&target=VSCode&category=All%20categories&sortBy...

In spite of this, DW is still an unstoppable project management tool, and when coupled with Br, it's a perfect match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver has the best color scheme.

By @Dragan A.

Which one do you use?

To complete what I've said above, VSC also gets a lot of solutions : https://vscodethemes.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VSC is nice but you have to manage so many ad-ons to get the same functinaity right of the box in DW. DW is all aorund the best editor for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have VSCode and i was make 90% similar color scheme and style but always is missing something, 99% my time DW is open and i use it for all, also one of the reason why i pay for adobe subscription is DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true that, depending on your needs and expectations, certain plugins are recommended or necessary, but this isn't a comparison between softs, it's a statement of fact.

Today, Dw is no longer maintained, but at most monitored so that it can continue to be launched according to operating system needs.

It's important to take control of, and surround ourselves with, other configurations, other complementary tool sets, in order to guarantee continuity in our projects, in our workflows, in our way of working.
VSC is one of them… and once in hand, once its architecture, its integrated command lines, its exclusively Json-based interfacing, its Shell support, the presence of the terminal within the UI itself, its flexibility to switch to Python... and so on, makes it an ally that's worth gradually getting to grips with, which doesn't mean we can't continue to rely heavily on the Dw, Br and Fw triptych for project management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like WHAT exactly?  You need to be more specific.

Dreamweaver is minimally maintained now.  No NEW features have been added since 2021.  It is what it is.

If you're looking for tools that do more, see my list below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/how-can-i-position-iframes-evenly-on-a-bootst...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I have used and am using other solutions, but, I still like Dreamweaver and it's a shame that it is really not being developed anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before deciding if Dreamweaver is right for you, see my related post below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/dreamweaver-2022-version/m-p/14003981#M225688

If Dreamweaver CC starts misbehaving, try the following.

1. Toggle between Live/Design View (Ctrl + Shift + F11)

2. Save file (Ctrl + S).

3. Refresh screen (F5).

4. Validate code & fix all reported errors.  Window > Results > Validation > check document.

5. Restore Preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

6. Shut everything down & restart computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having used dreamwrsver for like 2 decades I am aware of how to handle dream weaver when it's misbehaving. I wouldn't say that this isnt a problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If other users cannot repeat the problem, it's not a software BUG.

At a minimum, you should ensure you're working with valid code.

Valid code is denoted by a green checkmark.  Invalid code is flagged by a red X.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I write...

{
color:#000000;

}

and then write in the class name after does that mean the cursor should jump all over the page as I am typing the class name in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

=============

A CSS rule without a selector (tag, class or ID) is invalid code.  As DW attempts to reconcile code it doesn't understand, this can lead to erratic performance issues. 

Toggle from LIVE to DESIGN (Ctrl + Shift + F11) when writing code.

Validate code & fix all reported errors.  If you still experience issues, try Restoring Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you say Dreameaver is maintained than I would like to point out one ongoing issue with the code editor. I find that randomly when you are coding the cursor will suddenly jump to another location on the page, I think specifically when writing css. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is only "minimally maintained" with security & compatibility updates. 

Use Dreamweaver alongside other code editors that enjoy active development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines