• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating pages that use a template

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Dreamweaver CS6 and am trying to update pages that use a template.  I have updated the template but I can't remember how to get those cahnges into the pages that use the template so I can upload them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the child pages should update automaticaly, if not, probally that when you create the child pages you unchecked the box to automaticaly update changes... or the link corrupt in between child and template... anyway, be sure to reassign the template to each child, and try again.

• open the child pages in DW, in split view, diplay / code
  • open the assets panel (window > assets)
  • select the template tab, on the left side of the panel, two icon before the end
  • drag and drop the appropriate template over the diplay view of the document
  • you should see on the document tab an asterix linked to the page modification
  • save  the document, and reproduce it to all the child pages

now you can edit the DWT and see if that propage the modifcation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save your Template.dwt file (Ctrl/Cmd + S).  It should automatically populate changes to your child pages, providing those child pages are connected to THAT template and not another DWT file.

For better answers, we need to see the code from your Template.dwt and a child page.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines