• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Dreamweaver CC 2021 latest version. Hangs while loading.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Dreamweaver 2021 hung when opening. It said it was updating the cache and that was where it stopped. Cannot get it to do ANYTHING. Telling it to stop updating cache has no effect.
  2. Removed this version, went back to Dreamweaver 2020. Guess what? Now 2020 hangs at the exact same point.
  3. I pay a LOT of money monthly for these tools. We expect them to at least LOAD.
  4. Options please ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many files are in that local site folder?

Did you try Restoring Preferences yet?

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

It says "Updating the site-cache". "Counted 201 HTML, 960 total."

I did NOT Reset Preferences as that does not work because  ...wait for it ... Dreamweaver is HUNG!

I DID use the Clean-up tool to completely remove Dreamweaver, I rebooted, and then installed Dreamweaver again. The problem remains.

Windows 10 Pro
Verion 2004
Installed on 7/31/2020
OS build 19041.867
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

64-Bit , x64 processor
32GB Ram
Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK For anyone else having this problem, here is how to correct it.

After re-installing, or updating or whatever, and trying to launch Dreamweaver 2021, whne the Pop-up show sthat it is trying to update the site-cache, walk away for about 45-60 minutes (or longer if necessary). Evenetually Dreamweaver will load.

Once it load sand is no longer stuck, you MUST dlete all the sites in your Site Manager. Remove every one. Then you can re-add the sites and it will actually work.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

960 files isn't extraordinary.  It should NOT take 45-60 minutes to cache your site data for the first time.

For best results, your local site folder should reside on your primary hard drive, not networked or cloud drives.  I highly recommend turning off "energy saving" sleep mode and other non-essential background processes like real-time backups and virus scanning.  

That said, you can disable site caching from your site definition settings.  Site > Manage Sites...  Advanced > Local Info.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines