Exit

Using Dreamweaver to create landing pages for an external site

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help. 

I am a designer for a company that want to have more interesting landing pages than what we are currently able to create using a pre-made system that adds lines of either photos or text. I am looking into dreamweaver as an alternative,  as it creates HTML and a CSS file when saved. I have opened a pre-maid template to test, I copied and pasted the HTML from Dreamweaver to our page builder on visual soft (the website management company), I then uploaded the CSS to a file server on their site. I went through the HTML and changed the location of the CSS to the new location. When I click save and reload the live page it hasn't worked. When I go back to the HTML the CSS lines has been removed. Is this an error that code can't be taken from DreamWeaver? Or any advice?

Thanks

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask Visualsoft what they allow you to do with code.  Do it in consultation with the site owner / stakeholders. 

The current site is no doubt built on a proprietary CMS (content management system) platform.  And it probably strips out custom code that it regards as potentially risky to keep unskilled coders from breaking the site.  If you need more design freedom and access to code than you have now, the site owners may need to pay more for custom modules or switch to a different CMS platform.

Dreamweaver creates web standards compliant HTML and CSS code. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a sample of what you have?  Most likely you may want to consider looking into alternative solutions if you are targeting landing pages outside of your primary website. There are plenty of options out there from Marketo (owned by Adobe) to Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot, etc. etc. that offer better options to import code for landing pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines