• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using DW on multiple desktop and DW creates duplicate files

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have website 1 and edit abc.html of website 1 using DW installed on Desktop A, B, and C. I see that DW creates abc-desktopA.html, and abc-desktopB.html. How can one avoid such duplicate files? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your story makes no sense to me. Could you elaborate. Are you working within a network? Where do you store the site files? How many desktops are we talking about?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Are you working within a network?

?

> Where do you store the site files?

Local desktops

> How many desktops are we talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, if you cannot supply more detail of how you are getting a file named abc-desktopA.html and abc-desktopB.html, then I can help no further.

Please be reminded that I cannot see what you are seeing, nor do I know your level of ability.

Edit: Please supply enough info for me to be able to duplicate your problem.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on three separate desktops, and saving to each locally, there's no way for each instance of DW to know the other sites exist. 

If your site files were being stored on a file server that each instance of DW was using for updates, using DW's check in/check out features, you could expect each version of the program to be working with the same files. 

With the info you've provided so far, it sounds like you're simply working with 3 separate local sites and attempting to manage a single site with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... using DW installed on Desktop A, B, and C.

=========

@Lemond2021,

What type of license do you have?

Adobe's individual license cannot be shared with multiple users. A single-user license is limited to one user only.  You may install Creative Cloud on up to 2 machines but only 1 machine may be used at at time  -- i.e home or office, home or school, desktop or laptop.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

In a business setting with multiple users, a Teams/Enterprise account is required with separate seats for each user.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines