• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

website doesn't display correctly on an Apple product or an android device

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Windows computer and after designing my site and uploading it to my remote server, it looks fine on my Windows computer and my Windows tablet but I just discovered that the page doesn't show correctly if you view it on an Apple product or an Android device.

I hope it's ok to put a link to my site so you can see what I've tried to create. The problem people are experiencing on an Apple product or Android device is the text on the bottom of the page doesn't appear inside my bordered design and overlaps lines of text.

I am not very experienced with Dreamweaver so I don't know if there's a way to make some change so my site can be seen correctly or do I need to start over again and design it without borders around my page context?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Bootstrap is an open source framework.  Anybody can download and use it freely.   But you need to understand the code.  And there is a wealth of online documentation about Bootstrap.

sheryltoo  wrote

Would the new version of Dreamweaver be easier for a novice user trying to make a responsive website?

Ease of use is highly subjective.   I think you should get a free 7 day trial of DW CC before you buy it.

Free Dreamweaver | Download Adobe Dreamweaver full version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information. I just realized that my version of Dreamweaver lets me create sites using the Fluid Grid Layout. If I'm understanding a video tutorial I watched about it, it looks as though I should be able to create sites with my version of Dreamweaver and have them all conform to what ever device a person is using. Maybe I don't need to buy the newer version of Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT USE legacy Fluid Grid Layouts.   It was a nice idea at the time (2012) but Adobe  dropped it like a hot potato.  Bootstrap is much better for a lot of reasons.   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the warning. I've spent the whole day trying to figure all this out but now I need to go out so I guess I'll start again tomorrow and try the new version of Dreamweaver. I appreciate all the help you've been giving me. This all seems way over my head but I love playing on computers and trying to create websites so I guess I'll keep at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines