Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website Hijack?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Website Hijack?

Sorry if this is not a pure Dw question but…somehow related. After a long coding sweatshop, I managed to launch my new website, partly with help from this community.

When opening it in the browser I receive this blocking message covering the screen.

Does anybody know what it is? Spam? Hijacking? If you understand anything of this, please help me.

Ingemar

ingo9_0-1624262426337.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that you have not uploaded your files on the right place...

connect with an FTP client, Dreamweaver, FileZilla, Cyber Duck... once connected you should see an HTML.... folder appear, place your site inside this folder.

are you autonomous on these various tasks, FTP in the first place... or would you like assistance ?

be careful, if your site is also composed of a database, you will also have to create and instantiate this database online on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input.

Yes, Filezilla and sending by FTP on my own since a long time. No database! The files usually land in the remote "public_html" folder. This time I separated the pictures and put them in an images_folder. It worked fine when testing inside Dw but could have become a problem on the remote server as I can see today that only the image folder is there! 

What about this Linus Test Page? Is that anything known in the community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Linux Test Page is the default content/page that you will see until you add your own content. It even says where to upload the content/files, into the html folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Filezilla and sending by FTP on my own since a long time. No database! The files usually land in the remote "public_html" folder.

By @ingo9

I think that this time the folder is not public_html, but html only... as you can see on the test page indication

ftp-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not hijacking, its just the default page which appears until you upload your own files. As has been stated already, you probably have not uploaded your files in the correct location/folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talked to the web hotel support and they say that the right PHP version must be used for the FTP. (5.4, 5.6, 7.1-4) Something new perhaps? They said I can specify the PHP in Dw, but I have no idea where to find this preference dialog. Anyone knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FTP has nothing to do with php. The remote server version of php is usually set via the websites control panel if you have access to a control panel. What is it you are trying to do?

Are you actually using php in your website anyway? 

I thought your issue was about not being able to view your files when you upload them. If so this has nothing to do with php.

Do this, create a simple test.html file and insert some text in it. Upload it to the 'html' folder on your remote server. Then in your browser type the address to the test.html file, www.yourDomainName.com/test.html

If you uploaded the file to the correct remote folder you should see your page. If you dont then there are 2 possibilities

1 you have not uploaded the file to the correct folder

2 your server is misconfigured and you need to seek help from your hosting provider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Os mentioned, PHP has nothing to do with FTP.

You can change the version of PHP that DW uses by doing the following (again, this won't affect your ability to upload)...

1. Go to Site > Manage Sites
2. Click the site you want to work with to highlight it
3. Click Edit
4. Click Advanced Settings
5. Click PHP
6. In the Dropdown menu, choose the version of PHP that your hosting company has installed

This will give you code hints and error reporting for the correct version of PHP. This WILL NOT update your already existing PHP code however. If you are using DW's old server behaviors/connection scripts in a server with something newer than PHP 5.6 installed, those behaviors simply will not work. Adobe removed them from newer versions of the program and has not replaced them with modern equivalents.

The only fixes would be to get an older version of PHP reinstalled on the server (many hosting companies will refuse that request) or you'll need to rewrite your scripts by hand, using more modern methods (MySQLi or PDO).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a default server page.

• What is the URL to your site?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy may be on the right track with the issue here.

Your main page in a site folder is basically an index.

This can be index.html, index.php, index.asp - All depending on the server and server configuration.

If your home page is not index.html change it to that. If that does not work than you need to look into the server hosting you have and requirements. Their support has mentioned PHP to you so you may be required to have a index.PHP for your main page or go into the hosting configurations to configure the landing page away from their placeholder one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines