• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird character spacing & selection issue in Dreamweaver CS6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an "emojis" page I use all the time and now I have issues with editing the page. The issue is related to selecting UTF-8 encoded emojis but is so hard to describe that I thought this video would help:

YouTube

https://youtu.be/PP1hEla9eGM

This issue began after I recently purged a trojan from my PC and web site, which required that I copy and paste the code for this page...

Emojis ⚜ Special Characters ⚜ Unicode ⚜ ASCII Reference

http://goese.com/reference/ASCII_extended_character_set.html

...from another laptop that had not been infected yet.

Anybody who can help me fix this issue (so I can easily copy and paste characters in the code view like I used to) will be a hero of mine.

As a footnote not described in the video, when I cut a single emoji character then paste it in another part of the page, I get improperly rendered characters (question mark in diamond) in both the location the character was cut from and pasted to. Very strange.

I'll come back and check for comments on Youtube and here in this forum.

THANK YOU.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

It looks like a corrupted file.    I hope you have a clean ASCII backup somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a corrupted file.    I hope you have a clean ASCII backup somewhere.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oof! I do keep backups but my backup process has replaced the backups with this corrupted file over time. I guess I need to figure out how to clean/fix this corrupt file (if that's possible) or rebuild it from scratch...or just use links to emoji pages made by others. Thank you Nancy & Preran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I did find a site/tool that is helping me get the "editability" back in my page. I can just copy (from the code view in Dreamweaver) a bunch of the emojis and convert them to HTML.

https://www.online-toolz.com/tools/unicode-html-entities-convertor.php

When I have the time, I'll do this for all the characters. This may be a "work-around" but at least I won't have to abandon the page altogether.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines