• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Adobe web design application will allow me to work on my iPad/iPhone?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been given 4 stories tonight and what I can and cannot use here.  I cannot seem to get across to Adobe support that I MUST either use and IOS made application OR an Adobe web based application.  My office is totally mobile and has been now for 5 years.

First, Adobe sales told me that I could use the IOS app called Spark.  Which I see is a great app for simply design, which is what I am after, BUT I could not find anywhere to use my own privately owned/purchased domain.

I want to be able to publish my website quite simply using whatever Adobe application or process that I should use.  Because Dreamweaver is an intermediate/advanced web design application, I figure surely you all know what an IOS/iPad user like myself should be using.

Please help...

Thanks, 

Erik

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

Dreamweaver only works with desktop/laptop Win or Mac systems. 

Adobe Portfolio is an online site builder but the editing console is not optimized for iPad or iPhone.  Sorry. 

I don't know of any reliable visual code editors or site management tools for iPad.   That's not my thing.  Suggest you check the Apple store.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that Adobe's online web services (Spark, Behance and Portfolio) are all hosted on Adobe's web servers.  They cannot be used with 3rd party hosting.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say your office is totally mobile are you saying no one has an actual computer (desktop/laptop) anymore and has gone to strictly mobile OS (iOS/Android)?  If so you may have a hard time trying to find development tools.  The only other place my mind went to was Nova (formerly Coda) on the Mac side, but they cannot run from the App Store because of restrictions surrounding extensions.

If you need to develop a website, your business will need to consider development in a laptop or more traditional OS (Mac/Win) to get the full suite of tools.  Otherwise, your best bet would be to hire a developer to make your site and publish it in a CMS (ie: Wordpress) and then you can just update your site in browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing available from Adobe that will do what you want.

As an alternative, Wix and WordPress both have decent mobile interfaces.

I've never found a mobile app for web development that spent more than 15-20 minutes on my devices. They have all been just plain terrible in my opinion. If you do find something that works well, please report back and let us know. It would be nice to have a useful web design tool on an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines