• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do repeating area columns show as black on one computer?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a template we use for posting client projects, which has a repeating area. On most of our computers, in the Design view, this area appears properly as the hex it is assigned to, #ccc09b. Here's a photo:

CHS-DW-normal-view.PNG

On our laptop, the first two columns of any template are black, but we are not aware of changing any settings. How do we get those two columns to display with their intended background color? It makes editing really annoying.

CHS-DW-black-areas.PNG

Code:

<!-- InstanceBeginRepeat name="Project Rows" --><!-- InstanceBeginRepeatEntry -->

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Project Row Content" -->

<div class="row" style="background-color:#ccc09b;">

<div class="project">

<div class="title">Logo</div>

<div class="job">CHS Job No. 2314</div>

<div class="top"><a href="#pageTop">Back to Top</a></div>

</div>

<div class="dates">

<div class="assigned">07/28/15</div>

<div class="due" style="color:#773a1f;">Due: Priority</div>

<!--inline color here-->

</div>

<div class="status">

<p>Status: Logo Design Concepts posted for review</p>

<p><a href="ccm-hope-rising/logo/Hope-Rising-Logo-Design.pdf" target="_blank">Designed Item Initial layout</a></p>

</div>

</div>

<!-- InstanceEndEditable --><!-- InstanceEndRepeatEntry --><!-- InstanceEndRepeat --></div>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Thanks for your suggestions, Nancy. I tried your suggestions above, and compared all settings in Preferences to our other computers; they were the same.

Solution: I realized that the laptop has Scale set to 225% in Windows > Settings > Display > Scale and layout; this appears to be causing the issue. When set to anything other than 100%, those columns turn black. I confirmed by adjusting the Scale on one of our desktops and got the same result. I will submit a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW are you using?

Which view are you using -- Design or Live?

Why do  you have inline CSS styles in your markup?  It's best practice to keep CSS separate from markup.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using DreamWeaver CC 2019. This issue is happening in the Design view.

I believe the original builder of the site used inline CSS in this instance because there were some color variations by client, but I don't believe that is a contributing factor to the issue I am having—it seems more like a setting that got accidentally activated on the laptop, but I don't know what it would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling CSS.   Go to View > Design View Options > Style Rendering and remove the check from Display Styles.  This will have no impact on Live view or browser previews.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then go to Preferences > Interface and tell me which App and Code themes are being used on both devices.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestions, Nancy. I tried your suggestions above, and compared all settings in Preferences to our other computers; they were the same.

Solution: I realized that the laptop has Scale set to 225% in Windows > Settings > Display > Scale and layout; this appears to be causing the issue. When set to anything other than 100%, those columns turn black. I confirmed by adjusting the Scale on one of our desktops and got the same result. I will submit a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines