• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Dreamweaver not showing my live design when coding in PHP?

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent over 20+ hours trying to get Dreamweaver and PHP to work and am getting pretty frustrated.  YouTube videos do not address my issues.

I have set up a local server with wamp, and also have set up a site/server selection for my remotely hosted website on a share hosting service.

Last year, everything seemed to work okay, but I took a break from coding.  Now that I have returned, I just can't get anything to work in Dreamweaver.

Regardless of whether I am connected via my local server, or through my remote webserver, no php code is executing and all I see in the live code window is a little PHP graphic image, where-ever PHP code should be.

Any ideas what the issue is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I do have this remote server added as a testing server, and have used Advance to specify server model as PHP MySQL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Testing server back to your local machine.

Then check to see if the local server is running.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the local site set as testing server, and the wamp server is up and running, however now I am seeing a warning message in the live view indicating "Live View cannot display non-html files like pdf, doc, or ppt."

The file I am trying to open up is just index.php with only a a php echo statement.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found other people having the same issue, and it seems part of the problem is because I included and .htaccess file.  I use this for clean URL's and for passing sections of that URL into variables.  I guess this means I can't use dreamweaver then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the many reasons I changed. Have a look at my latest YouTube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC9fUoXFnoNGlYBCBZOJUPca

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

woaw .. what a fantastic play list... thanks Ben for your time and the quality of your content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have similar issues with .htaccess in local files panel.  Rename the local file only to 123.htaccess and the problem should stop. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're coding in php then google for php storm editor by jetbrains. Dreamweaver is dead (no more new features or bug fixes) so now is the time to consider an alternative editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines