• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Dreamweaver scrambling, doubling, stuttering in code view?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Dreamweaver CC 2020 and was trying to create a simple Html page to copy and paste the code into a website for a client. I do this every once in a while, and it's a quick way to write a press release, in code and save it for an archive of what I posted to the site (an asp Chamber of Commerce site that allows their members to post news articles.) 

I have always built the Html and then saved it as a backup in its respective folder and then copied and pasted the code to the Chamber site.

Tonight, every time I tried to make a correction to the code, edit it, or change things around--the code either scrambled, or jumped to another line, or deleted some of the text. After an agonizing hour of attempting to work around it, with continued frustration, I fired up my copy of Brackets and am now using it. 

Is this a recent, known bug?  The anomaly is certainly new.

Adobe CC since the beginning

Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave

16 GB Ram

Dreamweaver Build 15196

Thank you, Maureen Mead

TOPICS
Code , Error , Other , Performance , Preview , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a true "bug" per se, but does come up from time to time. Generally speaking, Restoring Preferences will take care of the issue: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

The Brackets implementation in DW still seems to be a bit fragile, but it has been getting better since its introduction a few versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jon

I will check it out. I've never seen anything like it before and I've been using DW since the beginning when it merged with Adobe. Every time I hit "save" the code scrambled. Weird, but it looks like I've got a solution.

Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines