Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with the remote server setting

The problem is I upload from this folder

C:\wamp64\www\wordpress\wp-conent\themes\hideout\

and it works as expected in till I need my index.php from this folder

C:\wamp64\www\wordpress\index.php because my main index.php is not

C:\wamp64\www\wordpress\wp-conent\themes\hideout\index.php but it's used for uploading, but C:\wamp64\www\wordpress\index.php is for seeing my site in live view with dynamitic related files.

am I doing this wrong? Or is there a way to set my C:\wamp64\www\wordpress\wp-conent\themes\hideout\ and somehow to go down a directory to

C:\wamp64\www\wordpress\index.php

without changing setting

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

local site folder is what I'm talking about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're asking makes no sense.  The ONLY files you should ever touch are your WordPress child theme files.  That's it.  Everything else in WordPress is off limits to you. 

After uploading child theme files to your remote server,  open your browser's address bar and navigate to your online site.  Refresh your browser with F5 or Ctrl+R to ensure you're not viewing a cached version from your browser's memory.

The child theme files are automatically appended to the core WordPress files by PHP programming.  And content is pulled from the MySQL database.

Happy coding!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not understanding me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to customize a child theme locally, your local PHP environment needs to mirror your remote site. See screenshot.

Files Panel > Local SiteFiles Panel > Local Site

WP-content is a sub-folder below the site's root.  To access root level files, ALL WordPress files should be visible from your local Files Panel (F8).

Does that make more sense now?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I understand your problem... you are faced with two different concerns.

First, when you create a theme, you focus on the content of the wp-content/themes/your theme folder and the root folder has  nothing to do with the theme folder ... anyway, apparently you say it works

Second - why do you want, or need, to upload the root index.php file, as you upload the theme folder?

could you please indicate a step by step, in order to help us to understand your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines