Highlighted

symbol after some words

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

In some of my html files, I am getting an Â symbol at the end of a few words. There does not seem to be a pattern, and I don't see anything in the code. The weirder issue is that I don't see it on my screen, but my colleague does on hers. It is never at the start of a word, only at the end. She does have a different version of Dreamweaver from me, but I've tried looking at it in multiple browsers, pasting it into other programs, and I never see the symbol.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Topics

Code, Error, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

symbol after some words

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

In some of my html files, I am getting an Â symbol at the end of a few words. There does not seem to be a pattern, and I don't see anything in the code. The weirder issue is that I don't see it on my screen, but my colleague does on hers. It is never at the start of a word, only at the end. She does have a different version of Dreamweaver from me, but I've tried looking at it in multiple browsers, pasting it into other programs, and I never see the symbol.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Topics

Code, Error, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need make sure the UTF charset is declared

in HTML5 <meta charset="UTF-8">

Old HTML 4: <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> 

Post a link to the page for more help, are you using any dynamic data/ retrieving information from a database?

Paul-M, ACP - www.webspectrum.co.uk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be caused by an undeclared UTF char-set as Paul said.  But if it's not that, we need more info. 

• Where exactly does your colleague see the character -- Code, Live or Design view?
  • Which versions of DW do you each have?
  • Which operating systems do you each have?
  • What's the URL to your online page?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, my wife had that problem yesterday with ther email app, Thunderbird. We rebooted it and that fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines