• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 Code Hints Vs 2015

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if this feature has been removed...

In 2015 (CC) when I was working on Javascript.. in split screen, if I typed $(' the system would give me suggestions on the id's that were on the page, and then once i chose the ID from the list, I could then press '.' and add class then once it entered the brackets.. it would give me the list of available css styles.

This feature never worked in 2017.. it was a known issue for months, I spoke to tech support many times, and they said it would be back in next patch... it never arrived.

Now I have installed 2018 hoping it would be back.. but again.. now when I type $(' I get nothing.. and even worse.. if I do know the ID then when I put in addclass it gives no CSS file choices.

I would not mind that much as I would just do what I used to do and forget this version and open 2015 where it worked.. but now of course it un-installs the old versions.. so I need to remove this version totally, then re-install 2015, then put in all the updates etc.

Am I missing something.. has the way you call up these functions changed or something.. or has this feature been removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the team. Will get back as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RG,

Sharing info that I received from the team.

When you type $( inside script tag in a document or in a related JS file, are you able to see the tooltip displayed in the screenshot?

If the tooltip or function signature is as below, then tag/class/ID hints are available within $(' ')

y1.png

However if you have a minified JQuery related file in the document, then the selector function signature is different like in the screenshot below

In this case, tag/class/ID hints are not available within $(' '). We are aware of this issue(DW-4146956).

y2.png

However if you does not have JQuery linked in the document and are still facing the issue, then please provide us with the following info:

• The tooltip info that is displayed after typing $(
  • Are you using <script></script> tag or in a related JS file
  • List of JS files linked in the document
  • A sample test file.

You can send this info to me over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. I will share it with the team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines