Highlighted

2018 dropped a site

Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 10 site folders defined on my primary hard drive. 

I was working in one of them yesterday.

When I launched DW 2018 this morning, that site was missing from my Files Panel & Manage Sites definitions. 

That's never happened to me before.

All is not lost.  The folder is on my hard drive and it correctly populates in DW 2017.  So I am exporting my .ste from 2017 and importing into 2018. 

Weird huh?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2018 dropped a site

Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 10 site folders defined on my primary hard drive. 

I was working in one of them yesterday.

When I launched DW 2018 this morning, that site was missing from my Files Panel & Manage Sites definitions. 

That's never happened to me before.

All is not lost.  The folder is on my hard drive and it correctly populates in DW 2017.  So I am exporting my .ste from 2017 and importing into 2018. 

Weird huh?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just wondering if this is what some users mean when they say, "Dw deleted my files".

If it is, then it shows that knowledge of computers was the problem they had .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Computer skills or a lack thereof are a core problem for some people.  I see it often in the Download & Install forums.

But it's no less disconcerting when a site definition goes missing.   Now you see it, now you don't.

I'm glad I kept my old version .

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Nancy. Do you think there is a way in which we could reproduce this issue. I know that the team will ask me for this info when I check with them.

In any case, I will bring this post to their attention to see if they have anything else to add to this topic.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 0
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I can reproduce it as I have no idea what caused it.  

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, Nancy. I think that is the challenge that the team is having as well. I have forwarded your post to them to see if they have made any progress on this one that I am not aware of.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Can you please let us know-

1. platform? win or mac?

2. If WIN then what is the version and the edition of windows that you are using, if MAC then what is the version?

3. Before you encountered this issue, did you do any changes in the specific site settings like connecting to some server for that site or changing username/password for the server already setup? and then relaunch DW?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2017 0
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011).  Last update installed on 11/15/17.

3. I've made no changes to any of my site definitions.   I did not connect to the remote server prior to this happening.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same thing happen.  I'm rather mortified that my site list is messed up when I launched 2018 for the first time.

When I tried to import the STE from DropBox, Dreamweaver crashed.  I copied the STE to a local drive, and Dreamweaver didn't crash.

Mac, Sierra.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 0
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no big deal if you have previously exported your STE (site definitions) from an earlier version of DW.  Just go to Site > Manage Sites, hit the Import Site button.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried the same thing, importing an ste from dropbox and it does not crash. Can you share a small video clip demonstrating the whole issue when it happens, also crash logs would really help a lot in debugging.

@Nancy- Can you give me more details like the following-

- did you migrate sites from Dw CC 2017 to Dw CC 2018, and if you did migrate was the site present in DW CC 2018

- was it a first launch of Dw CC 2018, when you saw your site missing?

- For now since we are not able to reproduce it, but if it occurs again please check if your site folder is present at the location- \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\SiteCache.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 0
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm... by the way, here it don't crash, but when updating, I often have trouble to preserve the login/password from the FTP ? is this something expected, or is there is a sort of bug here?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Birnou,

We have a bug logged for this issue already, can you confirm on which platform do you see it- win or mac? Also, the steps that you followed to see the issue will also help.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 0
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Niharika,

well there is no unique way... it depends... I'm involved in prerelease and I'm often used to uninstall everything, clear the prefs settings and reinstall from scratch using the downloaded .exe installer...

some times, after have uninstalling everything, I'm using the CC desktop app to install the DW build. I think that is mostly where I found the loosing login/pwd informations... but I'm not sure

any way, all the projects are saved on a shared synology to restore each projects case by case or all in once.. the only problem is that all the new project settings or update for older one (and that wasn't saved on the shared space) are lost....

have a pleasant day, and thanks for your attention

brinou

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 0
Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<@Nancy- Can you give me more details like the following-

- did you migrate sites from Dw CC 2017 to Dw CC 2018, and if you did migrate was the site present in DW CC 2018

- was it a first launch of Dw CC 2018, when you saw your site missing?

- For now since we are not able to reproduce it, but if it occurs again please check if your site folder is present at the location- \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\SiteCache. >

1.  Yes and yes.

2.  No.  The site definition was fine for 2 days.  On the 3rd day of launch,  the site I had worked with was gone. Other sites were fine however.

3.  It's there now.  If it happens again, I'll check the SiteCache/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2017 0