• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 php problem

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've tried this on 2 seperate computers and i had this happen on 2 separate computers...  One is running OS 10.14.5, a 2012 Imac, and the other is running High Seirra OS, macbook pro...  What appears to happen is anytime i try to edit a php file, it messes the rest of my html site in the design view even on pages not associated with that php file...  The design view behaves like it cannot read the css properly... However, when  view the site in a browser it looks perfect, so the coding is good.  The only fix i have seen to fix it is to uninstall dreamweaver and reinstall it and it views properly until dreamweaver touches another php file and then it has the same issue then uninstall and reinstall.  Is there a fix for this?  For what it's worth, this is in regards to creating contact submission forms.  I do not have a local server but upload the site to my hosting server on bluehost.  I know dreamweaver in the past had issues with php files but it wouldn't affect the entire site. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Before uninstall/reinstall, have you tried restoring DW's preferences or clearing the program cache?

Deleting a corrupted cache file

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design view is old and Adobe haven't updated it for years so it won't display modern layouts well at all.

For previewing dynamic files locally you need to set up a testing server.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just feels like the problem just got worse with the latest update...  and why does it show properly right up until i work on any php code or page and then the design or split view appears to break...  There seems to be a bug that needs fixed...  perhaps this will force their hand into updating their design view algorithms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have absolutely no  trouble working with PHP files in the latest version of DW 2019. 

That said, I do have a local testing server (Wamp) installed and configured in my DW site definition settings.  But even if I turn off my local testing server, I can still work with PHP files.  They may not look complete but I can work with the code.   So check your live code for errors.  Just because it looks OK in some browsers doesn't mean you're home free.  Even minor code errors can cause DW to choke. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, i suppose the issue is I can work with the code, make changes, etc... yes i get working on php files may look weird in dreamweaver, i've experienced that before...  but lets say, for example, i can work on my homepage... everything looks good and behaves good...  I can move to the php file, a seperate file, and check coding or anything on that file, then when i bounce BACK to the home page or any other subsequent page, the pages show funky from thereon (in dreamweaver only).  Loading them in browser they look like they USED TO before i touched any php file.   It is at that point, yes i can still tinker with the code on the rest of the site but the split or design view is then broken.  I could uninstall and reinstall dreamweaver and bam, it shows properly again, until i try to mess with any php coding in the future... see where the problem is?  i get working with php files could have issues and look funky within dreamweaver and we have had that issue in the past...  but now it carrys over the weirdness onto other pages as well...  so it's like whatever the design/split view is using to process the html gets damaged whenever i load a php page and cannot fix itself even when i close the page.  Closing/restarting the program doesn't fix it either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before uninstall/reinstall, have you tried restoring DW's preferences or clearing the program cache?

Deleting a corrupted cache file

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring preferences worked.  The only preferences i have is to split the screen vertically like it used to be in versions of old, so not sure what the root problem, but thanks for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully it stays fixed for you, but it's a whole lot faster than uninstall/reinstall if it crops up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines