Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

404 Broken links

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me, I have built my site in WordPress, it looks great. I'm working with a Zero $ budget and can't afford to pay get this sorted.

I have a 7 page site, that's showing 404's, I attach the screenshots from 3 online broken link checkers,  I can't find these in the source of my site, the only reference to whateverittakes that I can find is in the footer.

My site is cecilshub.com

Many thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Kind Regards,

PaulCecilsHub_BrokenLink1.pngCecilsHub_BrokenLink2.pngCecilsHub_BrokenLink3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

It seems like either WP or a 3rd party plugin is appending "whateverittakes.it" to the end of your links in WP's page creation... Can you temporarily disable any plugins, or test a different theme to be on the safe side?

Curious....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, is this site exclusively created and hosted through Wordpress, or is there a workflow with Dreamweaver that I am missing?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

This site was created with WP, it's hosted separately. I use DW to check layout etc.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like either WP or a 3rd party plugin is appending "whateverittakes.it" to the end of your links in WP's page creation... Can you temporarily disable any plugins, or test a different theme to be on the safe side?

Curious....

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Annissa,

Yep, all fixed. It was a WP theme that was the culprit.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines