• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A PSB file to convert into a responsive HTML email? Help!

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all...

I'm new to the whole concept of building HTML emails from the ground up, and so my query is about how would you go about creating a HTML e-mail via Dreamweaver using a PSB (Photoshop file?) I have two images one designed for mobile/app use, the other for desktop use..and I don't really have a clue as to where to start!! And I need to provide a working example asap, but what do I need to do? Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Start over with an industry tested, responsive Email Template based on simple tables.  

Free Responsive Email Templates

A PSB file is not going to give you any code you can work with that's suitable for Email clients like Outlook Windows Mail, Gmail, etc...

The idea is to keep your email as simple as possible.  Nothing too fancy.  Not too much emphasis on images either because a lot of email systems reject images for security reasons.   Read this.

HTML E-Mail & Newsletter Blasts - https://alt-web.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start over with an industry tested, responsive Email Template based on simple tables.  

Free Responsive Email Templates

A PSB file is not going to give you any code you can work with that's suitable for Email clients like Outlook Windows Mail, Gmail, etc...

The idea is to keep your email as simple as possible.  Nothing too fancy.  Not too much emphasis on images either because a lot of email systems reject images for security reasons.   Read this.

HTML E-Mail & Newsletter Blasts - https://alt-web.com/

Post back if you have more questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because images are used to track an email, some email clients will not show images by default. Read more at https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2017/01/introduction-building-sending-html-email-for-web-developers... or Google the subject.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines