Highlighted

ADA Dreamweaver Tools -help

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a developer but a client has a  smallish Dreamweaver site that's out of date and will need a redesign. Short-term it needs to be ADA compliant (by the end of 2020) so we're trying to decide whether to make the existing site compliant (and what tools are available to identify ADA issues in Dreamweaver sites) or if we should start fresh with a redesigned site.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADA Dreamweaver Tools -help

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a developer but a client has a  smallish Dreamweaver site that's out of date and will need a redesign. Short-term it needs to be ADA compliant (by the end of 2020) so we're trying to decide whether to make the existing site compliant (and what tools are available to identify ADA issues in Dreamweaver sites) or if we should start fresh with a redesigned site.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to make a determination without seeing what is existing today.  DW won't magically make your site ADA compliant and really is just a tool to help with coding websites.  If you can share a link we can take a look and let you know our thoughts, but if the site has not been updated in a number of years, my gut is going to say just make a new site using a template and styling that is ADA compliant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An outdated site, whether or not it was created in Dreamweaver, is probably not accessible on any level. I think a new site that works on ALL devices with & without assistive technologies is inevitable.

That said, Web Content Accessibility goes way beyond the scope of this product forum.  But I understand enough to get you headed in the right direction. 

Whoever is in charge of this project should be familiar with current WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), level A, AA and AAA as well as Section 508.

Quick Reference:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/

WAVE - Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool

https://wave.webaim.org/

Cynthia Says / Compliance Sheriff - Free WCAG and Section 508 checker

http://www.cynthiasays.com/

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0