Highlighted

Add File type to be searchable

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

originally this file type said "Can't find a valid editor for this file extension" i added to the open in code view list in the preferences so now it at least opens in dreamweaver.

how do i get this file type to be searchable when not open if i do search from selected files?

already tried adding to MMDocumentTypes.xml under  <documenttype id="HTML" also are there multibles of this file? i found one in "%appdata%\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration\DocumentTypes" and another in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019\configuration\DocumentTypes" and updated both...

I checked with the team and this is the solution they suggested. Let me know if it worked for you.

• Quit DW
  • Go to below path:
    • Windows: %appdata%\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration\
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2019/en_US/Configuration/
  • Open Extensions.txt in a text editor
  • Add the extension to the appropiate Extensions list. For example: TXT,PSV:Text Files
  • Save and close the file
  • Launch Dreamweaver and now you should be able to search strings within these files too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Add File type to be searchable

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

originally this file type said "Can't find a valid editor for this file extension" i added to the open in code view list in the preferences so now it at least opens in dreamweaver.

how do i get this file type to be searchable when not open if i do search from selected files?

already tried adding to MMDocumentTypes.xml under  <documenttype id="HTML" also are there multibles of this file? i found one in "%appdata%\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration\DocumentTypes" and another in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019\configuration\DocumentTypes" and updated both...

I checked with the team and this is the solution they suggested. Let me know if it worked for you.

• Quit DW
  • Go to below path:
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2019/en_US/Configuration/
  • Add the extension to the appropiate Extensions list. For example: TXT,PSV:Text Files
  • Launch Dreamweaver and now you should be able to search strings within these files too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are you trying to add?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.psv   and .edi/.isa . all text based files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Quit DW
  • Go to below path:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2018 1