Highlighted

Adding Custom Fonts

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a font, Mustang Roman, through Fonts.com and downloaded the font to my computer with Skyfonts. In Dreamweaver I went to Tools, Manage Fonts, Custom Font Stacks and added Mustang Roman. I also added Mustang Roman into my CSS font-family. However, my text will not display this font in either the Dreamweaver Design window or in the web browser. User error, of course. Where am I going wrong and how do I fix it correctly, no quick fix work-arounds please.

And yes, I have the latest version of Dreamweaver installed.

Thanks and Regards,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

The font needs to be a web font. For more info see CSS Web Fonts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Custom Fonts

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a font, Mustang Roman, through Fonts.com and downloaded the font to my computer with Skyfonts. In Dreamweaver I went to Tools, Manage Fonts, Custom Font Stacks and added Mustang Roman. I also added Mustang Roman into my CSS font-family. However, my text will not display this font in either the Dreamweaver Design window or in the web browser. User error, of course. Where am I going wrong and how do I fix it correctly, no quick fix work-arounds please.

And yes, I have the latest version of Dreamweaver installed.

Thanks and Regards,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be bothered hosting my own custom web fonts these days.  It's so much simpler to use web fonts from Google, Adobe Edge or Adobe Fonts (formerly called Typekit).  Just copy & paste some code and you're done.   The web fonts are hosted on their  servers; not yours. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as Ben said, your font must be a web font, and depending on your target browsers, don't forget to include the various formats required... https://transfonter.org/formats

then don't forget that online you will find an excellent tool that will allow you to create subset and optimisation for your font libs, choice the expert mode

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 1