Highlighted

Adobe apps crashing on opening - Mac

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen reference to this in here but nothing seems to be getting to the nub of the issue.

Last year, having used Photoshop for some time I installed PS version 20.0 and that immediately crashed on opening.  I contacted both Apple and Adobe, both blamed the other and I got nowhere.  In fairness Adobe did suggest a workaround by installing PS on another user account.  This worked but was hardly satisfactory. When PS version 20.01 came out, the problem stopped.  I was too exhausted to take it up further with Adobe and carried on.

Along comes Dreamweaver version 19.1 and exactly the same thing happens!  Crash, no support, etc.  Again the work around gets me through by using another user account but it makes hard work of everything.  Unlike PS the next version didn't help - DW version 19.2 crashes too.  Interestingly I decided to also install the previous version of DW (18.2.1) on my original user account and that works perfectly.

My question is, are Adobe doing anything to address this issue because obviously the bug is still with them?  I pay an awful lot for this software and feel a little cheated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using an Apple Mac Mini with a Dell monitor (2408WFP)

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 244.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.24f32

Serial Number (system): C07T80L5G1J1

Hardware UUID: 76007A88-DE56-57D0-ACB1-0DDE0995332C

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe apps crashing on opening - Mac

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen reference to this in here but nothing seems to be getting to the nub of the issue.

Last year, having used Photoshop for some time I installed PS version 20.0 and that immediately crashed on opening.  I contacted both Apple and Adobe, both blamed the other and I got nowhere.  In fairness Adobe did suggest a workaround by installing PS on another user account.  This worked but was hardly satisfactory. When PS version 20.01 came out, the problem stopped.  I was too exhausted to take it up further with Adobe and carried on.

Along comes Dreamweaver version 19.1 and exactly the same thing happens!  Crash, no support, etc.  Again the work around gets me through by using another user account but it makes hard work of everything.  Unlike PS the next version didn't help - DW version 19.2 crashes too.  Interestingly I decided to also install the previous version of DW (18.2.1) on my original user account and that works perfectly.

My question is, are Adobe doing anything to address this issue because obviously the bug is still with them?  I pay an awful lot for this software and feel a little cheated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using an Apple Mac Mini with a Dell monitor (2408WFP)

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 244.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.24f32

Serial Number (system): C07T80L5G1J1

Hardware UUID: 76007A88-DE56-57D0-ACB1-0DDE0995332C

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, not tech support.  Below is a list of things to try.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posting Nancy.
I'm OK with all the things you suggest and I'm uptodate.  Unfortunately restoring Dreamweaver dosn't work either.

Best

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 0