• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018 still has bugs.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having updated my Dreamweaver CC to 2018 there are clearly still some bugs that haven't been addressed. Why can't I load certain webpages up where there are just white blocks where the code should be? Why does it fail to respond part-way through uploading the application as well.

I would have thought, Adobe being a multi-million dollar company, that they would have through about this and worked these bugs through. Clearly not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something doesn't sound right with your installation.  Have you tried reinstalling?  Also, could you share a screenshot of your code view where you are seeing white blocks where code should be?  Also, have you submitted a bug report to Adobe so they are aware of the issue: Feature Request/Bug Report Form​. These are user-to-user forums so there's not much we can do other than offer basic support for the application or point you in the right direction to make sure things are reported to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toddg10857565  wrote

I would have thought, Adobe being a multi-million dollar company, that they would have through about this and worked these bugs through. Clearly not.

Whilst I agree with the comment there is a problem with it.

Adobe like many other companies has to rely on users to test their products. That is the only way that it is possible for them to actually test on many different types of computer set-ups. Unfortunatly most people only join the pre-release for a 'sneak peek' of what is coming and do not file bug reports.

The other reason that many who do join the pre-release never bother, is that they quickly find that 'no one is listening'. Which itself creates a 'why bother' attitude for many who would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toddg,

I am not sure if the issues that you have are more general in nature because I haven't heard of anything similar so far from other users. One way to verify that would be to open the file in a previous version and check if the same issues exist. If they do, then the issue is most likely with your site or computer.

If the issues you see are specific to this release of DW, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

You can also try some basic troubleshooting yourself DIY troubleshooting kit for Dreamweaver if you want to save time.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you "blame" my computer. My computer is an inanimate object that only does what its programmed to do.  I'm sorry but how many ways does a computer install a programme. You install a programme - it works. That it. Simple. Its now telling me my HTML document has a load a unclosed tags when I've checked and there are no errors in my document.

Also, whenever I change any inline styling its only intermittently responsive to any changes I make. I'm sorry but its a computer programme - its a software package, its not a disobedient stupid 5-year-old child which only "does as its told" when it feels like it - but this is clearly how you've unintentionally released this to the public. I suggest you go back the drawing board because clearly there have been some major oversights with the debugging of your software.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run your document through the W3C validator?

The W3C Markup Validation Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still a lot of bugs in Dreamweaver 2017. I will not buy anything until Adobe takes the time to perfect their products. Making a new product every year is not very advantageous to the end user. However, a perfect functioning product is. I have left several comments about the bugs in Dreamweaver 2017 as well as many other developers and of course Adobe has ignored every one of them. They still have not made any updates since Dreamweaver 17.5. I am not interested in buying a new product every year. I just want ONE that works correctly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to say that, to me, you are not making any sense.

Firstly, Dreamweaver cannot be purchased and secondly, we now have Dreamweaver 18.2, three versions on from Dreamweaver 17.5 that you seem to be talking about.  Another puzzling fact is that saleemkamir​ has not posted any comments other than the one that I am responding to. This makes me wonder where your several comments regarding bugs in Dreamweaver have been made and who the many other developers are that are being ignored by Adobe. If you are referring to the OP, I have not been able to replicate his/her problem and the OP has not returned to continue trying to solve his/her problem.

Please enlighten me. You could start with your list of perceived problems with Dreamweaver.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't purchased anything, how did you get the old version of DW 2017 which is available only through a paid subscription?  Perhaps we're not getting the full story here.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines