Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver cc is super slow

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a typing issue. Adobe Dreamweaver is super slow whenever it comes to typing.

I tried switching the views but it didn't work. Also, my computer works well until I start coding in Adobe Dreamweaver.

Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Make sure you don't have a large number of staged files in the GIT panel, can happen if you copy a framework or large number of files to your project folder. I have found this can really affect perfomance, try doing a commit if this is the case.

Disable site cache in site settings > advanced settings > local info and uncheck enable cache. If you have a large project/lot of files it can make a significant difference....

site_cache.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  4. delete the Temp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  4. delete the Temp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce that problem.

Does this happen with all sites and all files or just certain ones?

Can you show us your code?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in all sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you typing in code view or live/design view? Personally I find live view to be slow at times, likely due to the nature of live view. But code and design view are always super responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I'm working in code view it's super slooooow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've taken to working lines of code up in Notepad (links, image embeds, whatever) and then cutting/pasting into DW, having tweaked the particulars for particular files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade to version 21.0 yet?  I understand the Oct 2020 release addressed the latency issues on Windows.  Be sure to restart your computer after upgrading.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to v21.0 - it's actually worse than previous versions. Spent 2 hours chatting with Adobe support after I updated, which really didn't lead to any resolution, jsut more wasted time. Since updating to v21.0, the application itself now takes 30 mins to launch. v20.2 wasn't nearly as bad, the start lag was less than 5 mins so I'm now using v20.2 again. These issues are really making the product impossible to work with. I'm now exploring replacement software applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this morning! In fact almost *immediately* after I posted that note.
Thanks for the pointer; all now appears well -- things are zipping along
nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed! apparently by the update to 21.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I work in code view and there is a lot of lag. The last version of DW worked OK, but since the update typing is really slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling cache in site settings

Are you using GIT?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using GIT.

Where I can disable site cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you don't have a large number of staged files in the GIT panel, can happen if you copy a framework or large number of files to your project folder. I have found this can really affect perfomance, try doing a commit if this is the case.

Disable site cache in site settings > advanced settings > local info and uncheck enable cache. If you have a large project/lot of files it can make a significant difference....

site_cache.jpg

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems only with CSS files, I'm using Gtihub, disabling the cache and deleting the temporary files folder on the register on Windows 10 solved the problem with DW 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you please mention what is the Dreamweaver version with which you are seeing the issue.

Also it would be helpful if you could share a video of the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try below steps and let us know if it resolves your issue:

• Disable site cache in site settings > advanced settings > local info and uncheck enable cache. 
  • In Edit > Preferences (Win) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Mac) -> Code Hints, deselect Enable Code Hints.
  • Also try to disable On Edit Linting,  click Edit > Preferences (Win) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Mac). In the category list, click Linting, deselect On edit linting and click Apply.

Let us know if this helped.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

1. close DW

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling ver. 20.2 (and experiencing the same issue again - which goes away with ver. 20.1) and going to the registry, there is no '\temp files,' but there is a '\Temp Files List.'

temp file list.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the Temp Files List from the registery appears to resolve this issue (Win 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep worked for me Win 10 pc - Deleting the Temp Files List folder from the registery appears to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me on my Win 10 Surfacebook. I hope it is a permanent fix … ???

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines