• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver CC is THE WORST-Running Slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC versions of all Adobe products are much slower and harder to work with than their predecessors.

The very worst of the bunch seems to be Dreamweaver. It is maddenlingly slow.

I can't simply cut and paste text into the code without the program selecting an element next to where I'm trying to paste the text.

Also, sometimes Paste is grayed out as an option anyway.

I have used Adobe products since 1993 and this feels like something Microsoft would do to its customer base.

I have to go to an old computer and use CS6 to work with Dreamweaver now, so that I can use the software not want to push the computer off the desk.

Adobe...please fix this, it is really hurting my (and I'm sure others) workflow and is not what users have come to expect from your normally excellent product line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Since CC 2017 a dumbed-down version of Brackets was shoe-horned into Dreamweaver to replace the native code editor, I'm assuming the idea of using Brackets was to reduce the development reources allocated to Dreamweaver (speculation on my part)  - Unfortunately the Brackets code editor in Dreamweaver suffers from perfomance issues & glitches (albeit it's been getting slowly better since Dreamweaver CC 2017 was released) ....

....So Dreamweaver now uses Brackets as its code editor and Brackets cor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of CC 2017, Dreamweaver was completely re-built with a Brackets code engines.  It takes time to adjust to new software. 

I don't have latency problems with any of my CC apps running on the latest Windows 10..  

What are your system specs?  Keep in mind that the suggested system requirements are only a baseline.  If you do a lot of heavy graphics, 3D  or video, you will need additional resources.

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Dreamweaver was not "rebuilt". It was patched and cobbled. The underlying architecture is very similar to Macromedia's original.

That said.... Do not edit content in Live View and things should perk up.

Note also, that CC has so many hooks and dependencies that the best environment is on a new or almost new computer that has relatively low mileage. A little trick you can try is to disconnect from the internet just before you open Dreamweaver. I only use CC for testing, but it seems to have a major difference for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced the C-drive on my 6 y.o. system with an SSD. Prior to the SSD, loading a document from scratch would take several minutes. Now, the same takes about 20 seconds.

I also installed a NAS which handles the backups automatically in case the SSD kicks the bucket.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier​

Your DW local site folders are on the SSD drive, right?

Some folks have reported slowness when site folders reside on networked or shared drives.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the files are on the SSD, the NAS is purely a backup. SSD's are renowned for dying without warning.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I’m sure there are some settings I could change as well to make the working experience better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I’m sure there are some settings I could change as well to make the working experience better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your subscription license allows you to have multiple versions of the program installed on the same machines, all the way back to CS6 Cloud. They won't run concurrently, but that's really the only limitation.

To do that...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the arrow next to DWs Install/Update/Open icon
4. Click Manage
5. Click Other Versions
6. Click CS6 Cloud to install it

CS6 Cloud was a much simpler program, with far fewer bolt-on parts asking for access to Adobe's servers. It's likely to work just as well as your CS6 on the older machine.

In any case, it should allow you to get your work done while trying various settings and troubleshooting steps in the newer version, when you have spare time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since CC 2017 a dumbed-down version of Brackets was shoe-horned into Dreamweaver to replace the native code editor, I'm assuming the idea of using Brackets was to reduce the development reources allocated to Dreamweaver (speculation on my part)  - Unfortunately the Brackets code editor in Dreamweaver suffers from perfomance issues & glitches (albeit it's been getting slowly better since Dreamweaver CC 2017 was released) ....

....So Dreamweaver now uses Brackets as its code editor and Brackets core editor is CodeMirror .... That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that Adobe is commimted to, or has a clear idea of what to do with Dreamweaver if I'm honest ...

I always have a copy of Dreamweaver CC 2015 installed along side the latest version of Dreamweaver, I find Dreamweaver with the old and much more stable code editor is a better option to do things without frustration!

if you want some of features of the latest version of Dreamweaver inside CC 2015 you can install some extensions; there's an emmet extenion that works with CC 2015 and a GIT extenion called GITWeaver that works with TortoiseGIT to give you GIT inside Dreamweaver CC 2015 (to a fashion).

If you're only interested in a code editor than look at your options, Dreamweaver is not the best option as a dedicated code editor by any stretch ....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines