• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver cs5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this problem has been posted before and support has been contacted dont know how to contact support but 

Well i have Adobe Dreamweaver  CS5 - I have the CD and my Serial Number - Easy 

It installed  on my HP Laptop had it in 2012/13 

Laptop is getting old - i have a new windows 10 tablet - issue is it does not have a cd drive

how do i install  Dreamweaver 5 on it . could not find a download link 

and dont have the funds to upgrade to CS6 and CS5 works fine with me on my pld laptop but laptop is slow . 

please help 

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't offer downloads of CS products unless you are on an extrememly old system that won't support the new software, but you do still have a few options...

1. Go to Prodesigntools.com to download the files (they use Adobe's website, so the files are 100% legitimate). Make sure to follow the "Very Important Instructions" or the links will appear to be dead: https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

2. Obtain some "Optical Drive Sharing" software to allow you to install over your network from another connected machine's optical drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on this page followed the instructions - which logged me in to Adobe - the link - still appear to be dead - i have emailed support this morning 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, looks like Adobe pulled the download off their site.

Unless you're working with Windows XP or earlier (pretty terrible plan for a computer you connect to the internet), it's not likely they will give you any additional information aside from "we no longer support Creative Suite software".

Your best bet is probably going to be to install an optical drive sharing program and install it to your new computer from the old one's DVD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will give that a try  with the optical sharing program 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-a-cddvd-drive-over-internet/415f68ce-f...

when i get home and will keep you posted thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File sharing seems to work fine. Thanks 

Will install  Photoshop and flash  too thanks 

20200714_210759.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't waste your time with Flash.  It's already dead.  

Adobe announced that Flash development would discontinue completely by 2020. In the software world this is considered “end of life.”

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy an external optical reader online for about $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-External-CD-DVD-Drives/zgbs/pc/1292121011

NOTE 1:  Creative Suite is on life support.  Adobe is making it painful for people to keep using outdated software.  Eventually it will become impossible to re-install and activate older software.

NOTE 2:   There have been significant changes to the web in the 10 years since CS5 was released. You're not doing yourself or your site visitors any favors using outdated web authoring software.  There are modern alternatives you can use that don't cost an arm & a leg.  For example, Brackets & VS Code are free.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy 

Adobecare.Experts@protonmail.com

Is the email I was told by 2 people to email but this seems like it's a scam. They are trying to sell me products so will block it  

My options now are drive sharing from my old laptop 

And the external optical reader you provided . 

Or find alternatives for easy editors . I only do basic web design for my personal website  . Cs5 has been doing fine . 

Thanks for the info 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you were contacted by scammers.   Adobe employees are on adobe.com, not other e-mail exhanges.

Please give us the screen names of the people who contacted you privately.  We will have their forum accounts deactivated.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines