• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver Erases Files

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I are working on Windows 10, Dreamweaver 2019.  About once a week or so, whenever my coworker attempts to save a file, Dreamweaver pops up with the message: Access to [random filename].tmp was denied.  The tmp file is just some random file name that I guess DW uses.  If she clicks "ok", the message box disappears and the file she was actually working on disappears from the editor. In addition, the file is completely erased off the server. (This is a LAN/Network connection site setup.)  I noticed that the files that are being deleted at her desk, are files that I have worked on just a few days ago.  It never happens to files she has independently developed.  I have been able to recover the deleted files mostly by using older versions and source text from a browser that I happen to have open at the time.

I think her Dreamweaver was updated just a few weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand from your post is when you try to save the Dreamweaver file, you are getting an error as "Access to .tmp is denied". Would you mind checking this thread? Issue with .tmp files which seems to be like the issue you are facing and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took the steps indicated in "issue with .tmp files" and Dreamweaver is still deleting files.  The problem is very hard to replicate; Dreamweaver works fine for a bit, and then it comes up with the "Access to .tmp is denied".  We were thinking of downgrading to 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines