Highlighted

After a little while, FW can't access Server STP. I need to send my request twice.

New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a little while (about 5 minutes), FW can't access Server STP, whatever the request. I need to cancel the request, and cancel the cancellation of the request (!!!), and send the FTP request again. WOUAH!! My work ends up having to do these manipulations twice. ISSUE SINCE DW 17 on MAC. Do you think i am patient ? Not for a long....

NB: .... when FileZila, HTML FTP,  SHH, and others, work fine (seriously i've tried). So don't try to explain me that my settings might be wrong. THIS is another DW issue, since DW 17 (mac OSX). PLEASE FIX YOUR USUAL AND OLDER ISSUES that make our work harder.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 13.35.36.png

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After a little while, FW can't access Server STP. I need to send my request twice.

New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a little while (about 5 minutes), FW can't access Server STP, whatever the request. I need to cancel the request, and cancel the cancellation of the request (!!!), and send the FTP request again. WOUAH!! My work ends up having to do these manipulations twice. ISSUE SINCE DW 17 on MAC. Do you think i am patient ? Not for a long....

NB: .... when FileZila, HTML FTP,  SHH, and others, work fine (seriously i've tried). So don't try to explain me that my settings might be wrong. THIS is another DW issue, since DW 17 (mac OSX). PLEASE FIX YOUR USUAL AND OLDER ISSUES that make our work harder.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 13.35.36.png

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver's FTP has always seemed to have issues for me when I stay connected to the server for long periods of time, but definitely if I stay connected past the server's connection time-out setting.

I've gotten used to disconnecting immediately after uploading any number of files, then reconnecting when it's time to upload again.

Basically, when it's time to upload a file I've been working on I use the Ctrl + Shift + U shortcut to connect and upload. After uploading is done, I click the connection icon in the files window to disconnect.

That seems to keep the program from getting stuck in the upload process and only really requires 1 extra click per upload.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

Basically, when it's time to upload a file I've been working on I use the Ctrl + Shift + U shortcut to connect and upload. After uploading is done, I click the connection icon in the files window to disconnect.

That's also how I work.  I have no desire to remain connected to the server after transfer is completed.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I need to remain connected to the server. I choose DW because it supposed to be able to do that....yes It can, but with issues. I'm a developper and I have never seen an application with as many problems as DW....for a long time. It's a shame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 0
pziecina LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vincente91328891  wrote

... I choose DW because it supposed to be able to do that....yes It can, but with issues.

I'm not going to defend Dw, but I would be interested to know who, (or where you got the info) told you Dw could do that?

Problems with working from anything but local files have been reported for years.

Given all the problems you have with Dw, why do you use it? I know I would not. I don't use any Dw CC versions as I find Dw CS6, (with extension that updates code hints, plus others) as CC is no longer worth the cost in my opinion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Prenan, but this is easy to mark each answer as "correct".

This issue is still not fixed.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 0