Highlighted

Alternative to frames and PHP or SSI

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know frames are an old way of design but here is my problem.

I have turned my boats manual into web version. In other words i can view the manual on browser. It is not hosted on any site.

I used frames to make an index and content section. The content section was individual pages which linked to diagrams and details. These could be printed out easily to aid fault finding.

I tried using templates but these are not easily printable and using PHP or SSI may not be viable unless it works as a stand alone as the manual is stored on a hard drive as well as Onedrive. 

Maybe I'm better off using a completely different format alogether, like Powerpoint .

Any thoughts truly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alternative to frames and PHP or SSI

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know frames are an old way of design but here is my problem.

I have turned my boats manual into web version. In other words i can view the manual on browser. It is not hosted on any site.

I used frames to make an index and content section. The content section was individual pages which linked to diagrams and details. These could be printed out easily to aid fault finding.

I tried using templates but these are not easily printable and using PHP or SSI may not be viable unless it works as a stand alone as the manual is stored on a hard drive as well as Onedrive. 

Maybe I'm better off using a completely different format alogether, like Powerpoint .

Any thoughts truly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML Frames are never a solution, sorry.  And if this isn't going on the web, there's no need for HTML.

Convert your manual to PDF.  PDF is first & foremost a print document that is also searchable.  And with the addition of Bookmarks, navigation is quick & easy.  See tutorial for Acrobat Pro DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKAP8-57ox4

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com
FREE Course! Click: https://www.teachucomp.com/free Learn about Using Bookmarks in a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC at www.teachUcomp.com. Get the complete tuto...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines