Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate in Dreamweaver

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear people, Hi.
Can someone please give me some help to embed an HTML5 Canvas into my webpage...

I have built the website in Dreamweaver, have all the pages, it is "responsive" and works well. (on my local machine... It is not uploaded or live yet...)

I have also built a nice "photo slideshow" using Animate and have published it as an HTML5 Canvas and of course set it to be responsive.

So, now how do I insert it/embed it, or whatever, into my website page ???

In the recent past, I could simply add the SWF file, just as you would add a photo to a page.... (oh GOOD times back then !!!)

Now of course, devices like iPad do not support the SWF format, so I have painstakingly made a new slideshow in Animate !!!! (PHEW)

Please tell me how to put it in my webpage.

Or, is there a better way to create an animated slide show to show off my photos. (but it must be as good as animating in Flash/Animate, with all the "tweening" "timelines" and so on to make it NON linear. etc...)

Thank you in advance !

Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

In a nutshell, you copy the relevant Animate generated HTML code into the <head> of your web page document.   You must also move Animate assets into your local site folder.  See if this YouTube video helps you.

Adobe Animate CC: Add to HTML web page (Updated Version) - YouTube

Personally, I would not choose Animate CC to create a slideshow.  IMO, that's like swatting flies with a sledgehammer.   There are much simpler and more code efficient ways to create slideshows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a nutshell, you copy the relevant Animate generated HTML code into the <head> of your web page document.   You must also move Animate assets into your local site folder.  See if this YouTube video helps you.

Adobe Animate CC: Add to HTML web page (Updated Version) - YouTube

Personally, I would not choose Animate CC to create a slideshow.  IMO, that's like swatting flies with a sledgehammer.   There are much simpler and more code efficient ways to create slideshows.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy.

Thank you.

This video tutorial looks like it will help me greatly.

From your previous response to a similar question on here, I did take note of what you said, I even bought a new program to do the animation...

However, the 2 I tried were really simple LINEAR animations.....

Really not at all what I wanted.

So I have gone back into Animate (Flash).

It may be a sledgehammer, but my animation designs are NO WALNUT !!! (I have been using Flash when it was with Macromedia, and basically, it it gives me free reign, totally)

In essence, I have the intro scene that loads in a second...

Simple, has a welcome message and all the thumbnails for that page/slideshow.

A visitor can linger or move on....

The TN's are small crops of the main photos created and modified in Lightroom.

On the slideshow, they "swap" with an un-mod TN on a mouse over action. (cannot add that function in other suggested apps)

The viewer does not have to watch things in a linear way, as they would have to in these other apps....

They can click on any button they like.

Not in a linear simple PLAY scenario.

The main full size photo then animates into view.

I can create all manner of ways of animation, restricted only by my own lack of creativity.......
So I can speed up, slow down, twist, move, whatever I like, and do so for each different photo.Then, when the final photo arrives, (2 secs) a small "infoicon" appears.

If the viewer wants to know about the photo, they can click on it and it will start another timeline animation that sees the main photo slide to the left and shrink in size while a text box with details about the scene appears in the vacated space....

They can go back to the full photo, or move on to another one, either anywhere on the timeline or in order...

It is entirely at the visitors choice.

So NOT linear...

Thank you for your time and advice.

Glen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope for your sake that this works OK with touch screens and  limited data plans. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines