Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another classic case of garbage being passed off as web development

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCwzh6qVGdE

Glad this guy is unwrapping the 'lies, cheating and deceit' which is rife within this industry. No company/individual producing this trash workflow gives a crap about web-development , just how much money they can make, producing quality to them is immaterial.

Just go to the part where he disects the code at the end of the video..............hmmmm.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still laughing.  But this is not surprising.  XD is a design toy.  Last time I looked, it's incapable of generating a single line of usable code without support from 3rd party extensions.  

At least Muse (rest in peace) was able to machine generate code.  Albeit, not great code but good enough for basic static websites.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, thanks for watching and commenting.

I posted because I get frustrated with such poor unethical techniques being created, without such a mention (I assume) of the bloated and ugly results they produce. The problem as I see it, this just brings the industry down to the level of unskilled. You can see the likes of Graphic Designers using it to deploy websites, thinking well that's ok, everything works, whilst not really understanding the garbage being created.  This can only be bad for clients as they are bieng sold a 'pup' not worth the money they are probably going to be charged for it.

Incidentally this has nothing to do with Adobe. I believe the plugin has been created by a third party. However Adobe needs to take some responsibily as its kind of endorsing poor practices by opening up their products to plugin 'crooks'. Maybe they should lock the products down or at least make some effort to vet what is acceptable and what is not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to know that nothing has changed, and that Adobe still thinks of web development as a 'graphic designers' add-on skill set.

That said, I will repeat what I have said many times -

"Trying to compete in the bottom end of web development now, is a loosing stratergy for anyone serious about web development."

Most users of such a product are not interested in the code produced, (just as Muse users where not) and if it was not for the dramatic increase in download speeds available to those using the web, such bloated code would even be un-sellable to clients, (that apples to many Dw users, using frameworks as well). One only has to read a number of posts from recent weeks in this forum, to see that very few people have any interest in learning, (or knowledge) about code. Many now think that producing a web site, should be automatic, and easy, no matter what type of site is required.

The end line though, is that - it all comes down to making 'easy money'. If there is a market for 'cheap' to produce, someone will always fill that requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sit on the outside these days looking in and observing what is happening, having made the leap from 'active' to mostly 'non-active'. It still annoys me though even if I have little to loose, I just appreciate talent and skill I guess, fast dying qualities.

I'm not sure how many of my clients, who I still manage websites for, will survive Covid-19. My main focius was the travel industry, holidays/day trips etc but that sector has been decimated. More time to observe the downward spiral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see many of those involved in holidays or similar having a very rough time over the next year or so.

For some other types of sites though, buisness is 'booming'. I have had a lot of requests from people I know, (and through others) to ask if I can add an e-commerce, (or convert too) parts of their sites. In lots of cases though, I have told those asking, that the site would have to be almost completely re-written. 

Also I am not realy interested in comming out of retirement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Also I am not realy interested in comming out of retirement

Me neither, I think the enforced break has only clarified that more. Apart from mostly experimenting with code I'm no longer interested in building websites........I find that side all quite dull now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to know that nothing has changed, and that Adobe still thinks of web development as a 'graphic designers' add-on skill set.

You hit the nail on the head. I receive the weekly (I was about to write weakly) newsletter from Adobe and not once in the last year have they mentioned Dreamweaver.

Graphics is the hot topic and graphic designers are the target audience. XD is aimed at that same audience. Problem is that the web is much more than graphics and pretty animations, it is factual information that the user wants. While factual information can be enahanced by using graphics, most graphics are used for emotional purposes.

Adobe must make a choice, real web development with a real IDE or graphic designers piddling around with sub-zero XD's.

I have just started a tutorial which touches on PWA. Even the IDE that I have used in the tutorial needs to pull up its socks. Mobile apps are here to stay, gone are the monopolies of Apple and Google stores, much like Adobes disasterous attempt to harness third party extensions in their store.

That is it for my rant of the day.

Oh! The link to my amateuristic attempt at making a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC8AeGKyWnRuGSlFx8EtdM9G

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, I saw one of those tutorials the other day - 'you mentioned in one 'horrible colors we have chosen' - sort of unexpected dialogue, provided a bit of a smile. Keep up the good work. I'm sure some will source something useful from the tuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines