Highlighted

ANSI Coding in Dreamweaver 2019

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I am not very well versed in HTML or Dreamweaver, but I am hoping someone might be able to assist me anyway...

I currently create HTMLs in Dreamweaver 2019 that my company posts as logon popups for users. The pop up admin is very antiquated and I have found out recently that our HTML files are no longer being accepted. We have found that the only way to get around this and get our files accepted is to copy the HTML from Dreamweaver, paste it into notepad, and save as an HTML with ANSI encoding.

Is there a place in Dreamweaver where I can change the coding to ANSI so that I do not have to move the code from dreamweaver to notepad?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ANSI Coding in Dreamweaver 2019

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I am not very well versed in HTML or Dreamweaver, but I am hoping someone might be able to assist me anyway...

I currently create HTMLs in Dreamweaver 2019 that my company posts as logon popups for users. The pop up admin is very antiquated and I have found out recently that our HTML files are no longer being accepted. We have found that the only way to get around this and get our files accepted is to copy the HTML from Dreamweaver, paste it into notepad, and save as an HTML with ANSI encoding.

Is there a place in Dreamweaver where I can change the coding to ANSI so that I do not have to move the code from dreamweaver to notepad?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antiquated for sure.  ANSI is an obsolete coding scheme.  It's not even an option in File > Page Properties > Title/Encoding.  UTF-8 has all but replaced ANSI encoding.  If you're interested, you can read more about the differences below.

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/protocols-formats/difference-between-ansi-and-utf-8/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0